Apple Wants 8 Samsung Phones Banned (So Far)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

halcyon

Splendid
I think Samsung should just make killer product that speak for themselves and share almost nothing in common with Apple in design. Products so good, so innovative that even the iSheep largely forget Apple.

One can hope.

I've grown bored with Apple's lawsuit shenanigans and delusions of supremacy.

subaru41

Feb 6, 2006
Apple your time will come in court. I hope Apple products get banned by Motorola's lawsuit. Nice try with the drop down notification bar, send text message to incoming call on other line, Google Maps Navigation, etc.

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
[citation][nom]techy74[/nom]I am still surprised Samsung puts up with Apple. I was under the belief the Samsung supplied some of the components to Apple for their phone. I am surprised that Samsung does not 'turn the tap off'. Samsung needs to: dont like us competing with you, then get a new supplier.[/citation]

Apple is one of Samsung's largest customer. If they were to stop supplying them with parts, they wouldn't make a lot of revenue.

garrick

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2007
Why does Apple have to be a dick and try and ban competing phones? Why not try to license it's technology instead of holding back innovation?

[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]What? How is Apple stomping the competition when the competition is stealing ALL of Apples ideas?!? If the competition wants to beat Apple then make better products instead of copy cat. Latest example is Samsung's Chrome Box, tell me that doesnt look like a MAC mini! lol[/citation]

Yes, rounded corner rectangles are totally Apple's idea, never mind the fact that the shape has been used for what might be hundreds or even thousands of years. Oh, and the same is true for using the colors white and/or black on a rectangular shape with rounded corners.

[citation][nom]garrick[/nom]Why does Apple have to be a dick and try and ban competing phones? Why not try to license it's technology instead of holding back innovation?[/citation]

Samsung isn't using Apple technology, that's why. Apple is simply trolling about having competent competition that knew how to get a foothold in the market and grow from there.

G

Oh so this is what Thermonuclear war looks like according to the Book Of Steve Jobs.

alexmx

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
[citation][nom]pollom[/nom]USA government protecting USA companies[/citation]

That's about it

Judge Lucy Koh being apple's bitch... a nasty, vicious bitch

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
I dont understand why people say if Samsung cuts off Apple they will loose a lot of money... uhh this is Samsung, they are ENORMOUS they dont need Apple at all. They were huge before apple and are only a little bit bigger because of them. Apple sells tablets, phones, laptops and computers - so does Samsung - as well as every other kinds of electronic devices such as washers and dryers, refrigerators, TVs DVD and Blue Ray players. Some clients they currently have: HP, Nokia and Sony. They are involved heavily in the movie and music industry and are just generally EVERYWHERE.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]xpeh[/nom]Apple is one of Samsung's largest customer. If they were to stop supplying them with parts, they wouldn't make a lot of revenue.[/citation]

If apple had a hard time with supply the consumers (yes even the isheep's) would have to look elsewhere and that would eat the rotten fruit's market shares at record speed. It will in either case be interesting to see where they will be a few years from now, it looks more and more evident that the time to sell the shares is now before the bubble burst and the company will take a new record - quickest falling share in history!

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]master9716[/nom]Samsung needs to hire a secret sniper to finish this . Just blow their heads off and this whole patent bs will end.[/citation]
Been playing too much CoD?

[citation][nom]rantoc[/nom]If apple had a hard time with supply the consumers (yes even the isheep's) would have to look elsewhere and that would eat the rotten fruit's market shares at record speed. It will in either case be interesting to see where they will be a few years from now, it looks more and more evident that the time to sell the shares is now before the bubble burst and the company will take a new record - quickest falling share in history![/citation]

As much as I don't like it, I don't think that losing Samsung would kill Apple off at all. They've been looking into replacements for Samsung for years and that's a lot of time to not find something workable. There are other companies with fabs and If Apple merely gets talks going with some companies, then they might be good to go.

However, there is a chance that this outlook is wrong. TSMC is already struggling to meet demand to some of their customers, GF seems to be working with Samsung, and there really aren't a lot of fab options. Intel would be a great one if they cared (those two companies do kinda seem to have a love/hate relationship) to help Apple, but I'd consider Intel to be a wild card in that. They might help because Apple is a big customer, but they might not because Apple is also their competitor (although sometimes indirectly) in several markets.

What other fab companies am I missing? Heck, maybe if Samsung didn't mind losing their biggest customer, they could really hurt Apple. Still, killing them off is not an easy task because they would still have their Mac and MacBook lines (among others) to fall back on and they certainly have the money to simply buy fabs (or buy companies that have them).

Even if Apple does nothing about Samsung leaving them (assuming that it happens), I don't think that they'd be able to top Facebook and a few others in how quickly they lost their value (although the guys such as Zuckerman made a killing off of that mess and probably did it intentionally). Apple isn't a juggernaut, but they're pretty close. They'd probably figure something out (probably in a way that screws as many people as reasonably possible and as badly as reasonably possible). Apple, as a company, may seem stupid, but its leaders are just greedy, not totally brain-dead. They do, however, seem to think that we are stupid.

edlarkin

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
HTML the only 4 letters you need to know when not placing a patent on a brilliant idea allows the world to benefit, just think if HTML was patented all the trolls would have no place to go.

edlarkin

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
HTML the only 4 letters you need to know when not placing a patent on a brilliant idea allows the world to benefit, just think if HTML was patented all the trolls would have no place to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.