Apple Wins Patent on iPhone 4 Design

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
I'm not quite sure why any patent by itself is news anymore. USPTO has stated that they are only reviewing patents for mistakes during the filing, and otherwise auto-approving everything, leaving it up to the courts to sort out valid vs invalid patents. Anybody can file a patent for anything, and its validity only gets questioned when someone tries to sue somebody over it.

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
I think it is time for anonymous to teach those morons at USPTO to be more carefull with what they grant and to whom!
They are way past of common sense now... they made more and more mistakes!
Soon my 2 year old boy will be ask to pay royalty fee to apple just because he accidentaly draw a picture of a square with round corners... and belive me - we have no fucking ishit in house to inspire him!

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]_Cosmin_[/nom]I think it is time for anonymous to teach those morons at USPTO to be more carefull with what they grant and to whom![/citation]
Be careful what you ask for. One...you just may get it and two, Big Brother is watching us. ...adjusts tin-foil hat.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Lucky we. Wont have to see this ugly tiny-screen phone imitated by other phone makers trying to target the for-morons iCrap market.

Status
Not open for further replies.