Apple's Multi-Touch Patent Invalidated by USPTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Someone at the patent office has a brain.

Next they will patent air and sue us all for breathing it without paying them 1 dollar per breathe, OR, a awesome package of 50 bucks a week!

After this contract is up, i'm grabbing the Galaxy S4 - when its out. I'd rather support a company that is trying to win the market with products as oppose to shooting the competition.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Click bait article title and nothing else.

Gee, let's announce the sun is coming up tomorrow and watch people go "Wow, I can't believe that happened!"

This is very common and part of the procedure of getting a patent. USPTO grants a patent, someone challenges it, USPTO re-examines and declares a PRELIMINARY invalidity ruling, original patent owner presents more evidence and patent gets re-instated.

If you think this is bad for Apple, why not ask Microsoft what happened the last time they had a whole set of patents invalidated, only to have them re-instated later on? You do remember that case, don't you? I mean, everyone here is supposed to be so "smart" when it comes to the computer industry, so everyone should know exactly which MS case I'm talkin about.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
So funny watching all you losers comment. Tom's used to be a site to get information on hardware and learn about building your own rigs. Now it's a bunch of whiny 12 year olds looking for the next xompany to hate on. You're just like those protestors I see on street corners screaming at anyone and will listen to their drivel.

[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]So funny watching all you losers comment. Tom's used to be a site to get information on hardware and learn about building your own rigs. Now it's a bunch of whiny 12 year olds looking for the next xompany to hate on. You're just like those protestors I see on street corners screaming at anyone and will listen to their drivel.[/citation]

That your pic next tot he article? LOL

Seriously, forums are like that: people get to make comments on anything and everything, and you can't stop them, nor should you be able to stop them.
If you really want to get/offer help regarding PCs and hardware/software in general, just head on to that little red tab that says 'forums" - the 4th one from left - and make your contribution there. That forum is still available and extremely active.
Tom's has to sell it's 'clicks' they get for their news articles and has become a portal where you can find more or less old news that they know will attract comments. Can't blame them for that, even though I don't wholeheartedly agree with it.

Finally, calling people "losers" because they have a different opinion than yours is the mark of a... loser. Quit being one and grow up; nobody is attacking you personally.

On the topic: looks like there may still be hope in mankind... some people at USPTO are taking their job seriously.

socialfox

Distinguished
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]That your pic next tot he article? LOLSeriously, forums are like that: people get to make comments on anything and everything, and you can't stop them, nor should you be able to stop them.If you really want to get/offer help regarding PCs and hardware/software in general, just head on to that little red tab that says 'forums" - the 4th one from left - and make your contribution there. That forum is still available and extremely active.Tom's has to sell it's 'clicks' they get for their news articles and has become a portal where you can find more or less old news that they know will attract comments. Can't blame them for that, even though I don't wholeheartedly agree with it. Finally, calling people "losers" because they have a different opinion than yours is the mark of a... loser. Quit being one and grow up; nobody is attacking you personally. On the topic: looks like there may still be hope in mankind... some people at USPTO are taking their job seriously.[/citation]

Well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS