Apple's Posts New Statement Regarding Samsung UK Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
That's like if I apologized to somebody for throwing them in a lake by saying

"On July 14th, 2012, While currently located along coastline at Pismo Beach, California, The force of gravity was used erroneously to draw Sarah Carter into a large body of chemical H20."

Well, I guess they just said it had to be "an apology" not a good apology, or one that makes sense.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
lol they removed the ads from their "apology".

before it was "uk court said samsung is innocent, but the judge said were cooler and UK court is apparently blind (apart from seeing ipad is cool) that they didnt see infringement where other courts found samsung guilty".

uk court: "hey asshats, we said WRITE AN APOLOGY. you have a day!"

"but... but... we cant do that in 1 day, WE NEED 2 WEEKS TO REMOVE 3 PARAGRAPHS"

uk court: "..."

damn right that was insulting as hell to use judges quote as an ad on an "apology" and comparing the ruling to other courts.

svdb

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
[citation][nom]maxinexus[/nom]Apple did not invented the tablet, the frame dimensions or color or slide to unlock, that fruit company is the biggest hypocrite of all.[/citation] Unfortunately the law changed under the Bush administration (although the Obama admin. didn't try to repeal it afterwards): the first to file is considered the "inventor" now, not the first to invent anymore... which makes it all too easy for patent trolls.
I'd be interested to know if that is the same in the UK or not.

Nedal0

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Oh for heavens sake apple, just apologize already.

Very childish stuff. Where was Apple when HP had the IPAQ ?

IPAQ .......... IPAD...... come on HP wake up

dauntekong

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
Really? Like REALLY? Apple is not apologizing, they are just making a statement of what happen. This is not even a professional apology letter. Apple is just to damn stubborn.

Another EPIC FAILED by Apple losers

echondo

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]Hmmm...there's almost no sign in that paper that the notice has been put up by Apple.[/citation]

Now that you mention it...this doesn't look like it's been posted by Apple, I don't see anything from or by Apple anywhere on the newspaper...

Don't think this is legit.

Nedal0

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
I believe apple are just as oblivious, childish and arrogant as any one of those that have decided to waste money on their products.

apple is going down. I can't believe a real grown up wrote the previous notice they had on their website. Really ? coming from a company that claims multi million status ? Very self indulgent if you ask.

Its like asking other car manufacturers not to use the round steering wheel ?

apple users know nothing. I've asked a couple of people why they use the iphone.

Answer: The screen broke so I bought it for cheap. Well fix it, nah too expensive. Weird !

Very LAME in my opinion !

halcyon

Splendid
Though I've chosen Android I used iOS enough to know that:
1. There are more high-quality apps for Apple tablets (is it easier to develop for iOS?)
2. IOS, in general, seems to be more intuitive than Android.

When my 84 yr-old step-dad asked me yesterday which smartphone to get I felt better recommending an iPhone than my beloved SGS3. For reading his email, face-timing his grandson, and browsing the web occasionally I think that's a solution that will be easier for him to learn.

New one is up:
Samsung / Apple UK judgment

On 9 July 2012 the High Court of Justice of England and Wales ruled that Samsung Electronic (UK) Limited’s Galaxy Tablet Computers, namely the Galaxy Tab 10.1, Tab 8.9 and Tab 7.7 do not infringe Apple’s Community registered design No. 0000181607-0001. A copy of the full judgment of
the High Court is available from www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Patents/2012/1882.html.

That Judgment has effect throughout the European Union and was upheld by the Court of Appeal of England and Wales on 18 October 2012. A copy of the Court of Appeal’s judgment is available from www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2012/1339.html. There is no injunction in respect of the Community registered design in force anywhere in Europe.

Also a larger description on the homepage.

Nedal0

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Sounds much better than the first one. I bet they had an INTERN write the first one.

Thanks for the update "Somewhere Somewhere"

The more they ignore the court, the more they are playing with fire. I would not be surprised if at some point the court would just say "You know what, here is a 1 billion pound fine that will be given to Samsung. Oh and Apple is Banned from the UK".

Well maybe not that bad, but it can be something quite damaging (dont forget their image is still suffering from this).

Apple is like a kid telling his dad that he is telling the truth, when everyone knows he lies. The sooner you tell the truth, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.