Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware error.

Raxex

Honorable
May 27, 2014
Hello before few days i had an error that was similar to this one but it was saying "Graphics driver stopped working and was restarted" or something like that and everytime i played the game it freezed for some time and then unfreezed again. I realized that it happened everytime that temperature hit 85°C on gpu. I fixed it by just uninstalling all AMD drivers and installed them again. But after few days i am getting error "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware", which is much more annoying because game freezes completly and you have to shut it down else it will stay freezed forever, which is really annoying when you play some online game with friends. I tried to delete and install drivers again but did not help. This time it just happens randomly(temperature does not hit 85°C). Is there a possibility that GPU is dying or it is just some system failure?

TJCAT

Reputable
Mar 16, 2014

If you haven't figured this out by now then try resetting GPU clocks if overclocked especially voltage, that seemed to be my issue. If that doesn't work... then try underclocking...?

srymer

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016
I'm having the same issue on my work pc. Our tech guy says it's a Win 10 problem, Microsoft is aware, and will push out a fix as a Windows update (when? Who knows?). Happens randomly and continues to frustrate me.