Application Installations

I'm a new XP user still struggling with User accounts. When installing how
do I ensure the new program is available to all users? I just used the Admin
account to install an application but the entry doesn't show up in the Start
Menu for my User Account. Thanks for your help.

Hi,

Basically, there is no way of assuring that, as much depends on the
installation routine used by the software. This page I wrote should help:
http://rickrogers.org/xpsware.htm

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"jlr" <jlr1234@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm a new XP user still struggling with User accounts. When installing how
> do I ensure the new program is available to all users? I just used the
> Admin account to install an application but the entry doesn't show up in
> the Start Menu for my User Account. Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the quick response and your website. I will do some reading!

> Hi,
>
> Basically, there is no way of assuring that, as much depends on the
> installation routine used by the software. This page I wrote should help:
> http://rickrogers.org/xpsware.htm
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "jlr" <jlr1234@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I'm a new XP user still struggling with User accounts. When installing
>> how do I ensure the new program is available to all users? I just used
>> the Admin account to install an application but the entry doesn't show up
>> in the Start Menu for my User Account. Thanks for your help.

Rick -
Under item #1 on this page,
(http://rickrogers.org/xpsware.htm), at line #3 it says:

"...that are not meant for use in true user environments."

shouldn't it say "true multi-user environments" ?

MGGP

wrote should help:
>http://rickrogers.org/xpsware.htm
>
>--
>Best of Luck,
>
>Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
>http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
>www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
>"jlr" <jlr1234@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I'm a new XP user still struggling with User accounts.
When installing how
>> do I ensure the new program is available to all users?
I just used the
>> Admin account to install an application but the entry
doesn't show up in
>> the Start Menu for my User Account. Thanks for your
help.

>.

It could be reworded that way. Though in the context of the presentation,
that should be clear enough.