APU Super Slow

Jun 3, 2018
I just built a new gaming pc, and tried to run fortnite. After many issues with dx11, I finally was able to start the game. But it is super laggy, the sound is stuttery, and the framerate is always around 20-30. I have a Ryzen 3 2200g APU with 8 GB of Patriot Viper Elite RAM. No GPU. And the CPU fan isn't spinning for some reason.

Solution
The APU is likely throttling hard to keep thermals under control if the fan isn't spinning...
Check your fan header connection.
Jun 3, 2018

I have two sticks of 4gb memory. Is it slow because the memory is only 2400 mhz?

Jun 3, 2018

Maybe, but I don't understand why it wouldn't be spinning. The Wraith Stealth Cooler that came with it is attached to a new MSI PC Mate B350 Motherboard.

Jun 3, 2018

That would be a viable solution in most cases. unfortunately, it does not show up. And before u ask me about plugging it in, yes I did everything hardware correct.

ZeroWhite

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
What resolution are you running the game at? Does the CPU fan spin temporary after powering on the system? The CPU fan will spin during boot up before the BIOS fully initializes and applies a fan profile, if this doesn't happen you might have an issue with you fan or where it's connected.