[SOLVED] Arch Linux gets stuck on a boot screen during installation ?

HunterC137

Prominent
Sep 24, 2019
So basically I tried every mainstream distro out there (Fedora, Manjaro, Debian even ubuntu) now I'm trying to install arch and it gets stuck on that boot up screen every time I try to install it(picture related)

The device is a laptop:
Acer Aspire 3 A315-23-R5RD 15,6" AMD Ryzen 5 3500U - 8GB RAM - 512GB SSD
How can I boot up Arch instalation, so I can finally can install linux on my laptop
(Also SSD is connected by a PCIe)

IMG_20201203_193857.jpg

Solution
try pressing CTRL+ALT+F1, this should switch you to another console session. Then disable the wait for network service:

Code:
sudo systemctl disable NetworkManager-wait-online.service

Any reason you want to run Arch? I think it is pretty bleeding edge and seems to take more work to get going. There are distributions like Mint and Ubuntu that are easier to get up and running. My go-to is Kubuntu. Regardless, hopefully my above post helps.

dmroeder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
try pressing CTRL+ALT+F1, this should switch you to another console session. Then disable the wait for network service:

Code:
sudo systemctl disable NetworkManager-wait-online.service

Any reason you want to run Arch? I think it is pretty bleeding edge and seems to take more work to get going. There are distributions like Mint and Ubuntu that are easier to get up and running. My go-to is Kubuntu. Regardless, hopefully my above post helps.

Last edited:
Solution