[SOLVED] Archer ac2300 help and advice setting up

Sep 20, 2020
Hi I have a Archer ac2300 router which has an ethernet connection on it but my master socket has Dsl line fibre from sky.
  1. Can I buy a cable that will go into the rj11 port to an rj45 port on router will that work ?
  2. Can I plug a ethernet cable into the Lan1 line of sky hub and use new router that way ?
  3. Should I purchase a standalone modem for it if so what should I go for ?
Any advice guys thanks

Solution
1) No.

2) Sky Hub? Is that just a modem or combination modem and router?

Which product?

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/set-up-your-sky-hub/which-sky-hub-do-you-have

3) Current connections in place?

Normal/ generic connectivity is (line diagram):

ISP ---> Wall outlet ----> Modem -----> [WAN]Router[LANs} ----- >Ethernet to wired devices and ~~~~ wireless ~~~~ > wireless devices.

With DSL there is also a cable from the wall outlet to a splitter (also called a filter) that in turn provides connections to the modem and the telephone(s).

Are your able to provide a diagram and a fully description of all connected devices?

Feel free to edit and correct my line diagram as necessary to correct errors of omission or...

Ralston18

Titan
1) No.

2) Sky Hub? Is that just a modem or combination modem and router?

Which product?

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/set-up-your-sky-hub/which-sky-hub-do-you-have

3) Current connections in place?

Normal/ generic connectivity is (line diagram):

ISP ---> Wall outlet ----> Modem -----> [WAN]Router[LANs} ----- >Ethernet to wired devices and ~~~~ wireless ~~~~ > wireless devices.

With DSL there is also a cable from the wall outlet to a splitter (also called a filter) that in turn provides connections to the modem and the telephone(s).

Are your able to provide a diagram and a fully description of all connected devices?

Feel free to edit and correct my line diagram as necessary to correct errors of omission or commission on my part.

Solution