Archos Launches Android-based GamePad 7-inch Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.
$150 (probably) to replay Final Fantasy VII in the comfort of my bed? That's kind of a tempting proposition. Heck, it's too bad phones aren't up to PS2 emulation, 'cause that's probably the only way I'd ever finish Okami...

velosteraptor

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
Most of the Archos tablets do not have access to the Google Play Store without rooting the device. If that's the case here, that would really hurt its potential..

[citation][nom]velosteraptor[/nom]Most of the Archos tablets do not have access to the Google Play Store without rooting the device. If that's the case here, that would really hurt its potential..[/citation]
Quoth the article: "According to Archos, the new GamePad has full access to Google Play and Google's other Android services."

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
interesting, while i like my bluietooth gamepad/ phone combo, at the price though its tempting if i didn't have to controller and if the google play market as the article says is available it might be a purchase to make. i have a few friends with archos tabs, they seem like good quality stuff

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Definitely intriguing. I'm pretty impressed, but there are other options such as the SteelSeries Free Mobile Wireless controller. There are advantages ad disadvantages to both, with the Archos GamePad tablet you have full portability but are limited to a 7 inch 1024x600 screen, whereas with a SteelSeries Free you can use any tablet you want allowing bigger, higher resolution screens and increased graphics power as time goes on but less portability as the tablet needs to be propped up to play since your hands aren't free. A 3rd, but much more expensive tablet gaming option would be something like the Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 or the Microsoft Surface Pro, which allow both tablet gaming and PC gaming as they run on Windows 8, as well as keyboard and mouse games control.

Status
Not open for further replies.