[SOLVED] Arctic P14 PWM PST CO vs Corsair AF140 best and most silent

anant024

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
hey out of Arctic P14 PWM PST/ PST CO vs Corsair AF140 which one is best quality ?

which one will make best exhaust fan, as it will be pulling air out from PC, and which is most silent and keep temps low. I want as silent as possible as PC is next to my bed.

need only one single fan, and using on old cabinet, so it does not have new gen extra fans etc.

mobo is gigabyte 85MD3H does it allow for auto fan control on its own as per temperature ?

PS: prefer no led but i think it would be inside in case even if i buy Corsair one.. ?

Last edited:
Solution
Oh it's 120mm fan, I just measured it using measuring tape..it has no info who made it. So now what to get 120mm fan? And will it make any difference to add this as exhaust fan ?
or is there any way to make throw air inside PC too ?

Not without cutting and drilling which isn't worth it.

Honestly 120mm fans as exhausts are much of a muchness, pick the best branded fan that's reasonably cheap.

The p12 is a decent and very quiet fan, don't pay extra for the pwm pst version though because you won't make use of it.

The standard non pwm p12 is fine, it runs single speed but is damn near silent (I have a case with 3 of them in, they're virtually unnoticeable)

SethJPC

Distinguished
Honestly there won't be any noticable performance difference between them if its unimpedead exhaust. If the exhaust mount has mesh behind it or is next to a heatsink, get the P14.

Your motherboard will have SYS_FAN headers. Plugging the fan into one could allow you to make a fan curve in the BIOS or will just run on a predefined one.

Reactions: anant024

anant024

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
Oh it's 120mm fan, I just measured it using measuring tape..it has no info who made it. So now what to get 120mm fan? And will it make any difference to add this as exhaust fan ?

Last edited:

Not without cutting and drilling which isn't worth it.

Honestly 120mm fans as exhausts are much of a muchness, pick the best branded fan that's reasonably cheap.

The p12 is a decent and very quiet fan, don't pay extra for the pwm pst version though because you won't make use of it.

The standard non pwm p12 is fine, it runs single speed but is damn near silent (I have a case with 3 of them in, they're virtually unnoticeable)

Reactions: anant024
Solution