Question Are 10 GB VRAM enough nowadays?

spardason

Honorable
Jan 9, 2019
So I recently got a 3080 rtx because it was very, very cheap, this is the 10 GB version, but I play at 1080p, 144 Mhz

Are 10 GB VRAM enough for any modern AAA game on ultra graphics and sometimes with RT on? Or at some point the GPU runs out of VRAM nowadays?

Though hogwharts legacy uses almost 10gb with everything on at 1080p. So you may have to turn textures down a level or use less ray tracing in some titles.
there is difference between vram usage and utilisation, but yes hogwart is vram eater..but you can reduce texture details to lower vram usage, you dont really need 4k textures on 1080p gameplay :)

there is difference between vram usage and utilisation, but yes hogwart is vram eater..but you can reduce texture details to lower vram usage, you dont really need 4k textures on 1080p gameplay :)

While you are correct, consider that the studios as they develop for the new consoles such as the series x and ps5 that they may keep doing this. I saw one video and the guy claimed the series x will render in 4K in the console even if connected to a 1080p screen then try to downscale that image to the 1080p screen but that since the system still rendered it internally that way they thought it looked better that way.

So I’m just saying as they keep developing don’t be surprised if they continue this method of development.