[SOLVED] Are all parts compatible?

andreaskastet

Commendable
May 29, 2018
Im wondering if all my pc parts will work together without any problems.

Pc parts: Case NZXT H500
Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 cpu cooler
Msi b450 tomahawk max
CPU ryzen 5 3600
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Dual fan - 6GB GDDR
Corsair Vengeance Lpx 8GB 2400MHz DDR4
SSD WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB M.2
HDD 4TB
550W PSU

Solution
They should fit together no problem. Just make sure the GPU does in the correct PCIe slot according to your motherboard manual and your RAM fits in the correct slots. One question I have with the parts is if your kit of RAM is a single stick vs a pack of 2 sticks and also why it is such a low speed. Ryzen CPUs such as the R5-3600 you have do better with dual channel memory (where you have two sticks of RAM placed into the correct channels in your motherboard for better memory bandwidth) as well as higher RAM speed. If you're using a single stick of slower memory here, you will be limiting the maximum performance of your CPU. It'll probably be fine now since you are only using a GTX-1660ti, but if you plan on upgrading to a better...
They should fit together no problem. Just make sure the GPU does in the correct PCIe slot according to your motherboard manual and your RAM fits in the correct slots. One question I have with the parts is if your kit of RAM is a single stick vs a pack of 2 sticks and also why it is such a low speed. Ryzen CPUs such as the R5-3600 you have do better with dual channel memory (where you have two sticks of RAM placed into the correct channels in your motherboard for better memory bandwidth) as well as higher RAM speed. If you're using a single stick of slower memory here, you will be limiting the maximum performance of your CPU. It'll probably be fine now since you are only using a GTX-1660ti, but if you plan on upgrading to a better graphics card in the future, the RAM should be something to keep in mind.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS