[SOLVED] Are benchmark tests like 3dmark proof your GPU is working fine if you compare to others?

Apr 3, 2021
Im curious because I often worry about performance so i want to know if tests like timespy (3Dmark) are proof of a systems good performance when I compare scores with others

Solution
well if i get say a score of 11,000 for GPU and someone else with the same gpu gets like 10,700 wont I know im ok in regards to performance?

Yes 3DMark is an easy way to know if your GPU is working basically correctly. That said certain settings, overheating, etc can have some affects on that score, so while in general you are fine, there may be things you can still do to improve stock performance.

Colif

Win 11 Master
it only goes so far, you unlikely to find too many tests where the PC you are comparing yours too is exactly the same. 3d mark just compares GPU/CPU & maybe ram. rest is disregarded.

I would use those more to track your scores, see if they go up or down over a period of time. I run a benchmark on my NVME drive once a month just to track its scores.

Apr 3, 2021
it only goes so far, you unlikely to find too many tests where the PC you are comparing yours too is exactly the same. 3d mark just compares GPU/CPU & maybe ram. rest is disregarded.

I would use those more to track your scores, see if they go up or down over a period of time. I run a benchmark on my NVME drive once a month just to track its scores.
well if i get say a score of 11,000 for GPU and someone else with the same gpu gets like 10,700 wont I know im ok in regards to performance?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Yes 3DMark is an easy way to know if your GPU is working basically correctly. That said certain settings, overheating, etc can have some affects on that score, so while in general you are fine, there may be things you can still do to improve stock performance.

Solution
Apr 3, 2021
I guess that works if you just comparing the parts in a vacuum.

I am sure there are more factors go into the tests. A pc with less ram may score lower with same card.
well wouldnt the test still be accurate in testing if my performance is where it should be? if something like ram was keeping it lower than the test is still accurate its just that i need to get better ram right?