[SOLVED] are Geforce cards better than 3rd party cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osaidaz

Honorable
Feb 1, 2015
as I understand, Geforce is cars are manufactured by NVIDIA itself, does it mean it's better than 3rd party cards like Asus, zotac .. etc?

Sep 5, 2020
GeForce is just the name of the Nvidia GPUs in general - the name is used by the 3rd party vendors as well. What you are referring to are the so-called Founder's Edition models. Traditionally, I would say it was the opposite: They just offered the reference for early adopters and the real deal were the cards from 3rd parties. However, there are indicators that Nvidia is planning to change this, as with the RTX 30 series the Founder's Edition will not be equal to the reference for the first time. So they might actually start to compete with the 3rd party vendors.

there were speculations that the ones sold by nvidia were better binned, as in, some chips can achieve higher clock speeds than others, and so nvidia would test and keep these chips to themselves and the rest would go to the 3rd parties, but i cant confirm this, none the less, i still think 3rd parties like MSI, and so on have better cooling solutions if anything, so i'd prefer them over FE.

Status
Not open for further replies.