Are my cpu and gpu temps to high?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Tiebar90

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2014
Hello everyone I am a little concerned about my cpu and gpu temps.

My specs:
Micro atx h81 motherboard
I5 4440
Gtx 970 4gb

Gpu: idle temp- 53C / gaming 70C

Cpu: idle- 50C / gaming- 64C

This is playing Star Wars battlefront so it's not even like far cry 4. I'm just a little concerned because when I'm playing games my computer cranks out heat so bad I get really hot in my room.
All of the fans are stock there. This is also a pre built pc I just upgraded the gpu. The case is a mid tower and isnt really spacious. The gpu only has about an inch and a half of space from the fans to the bottle of the case.I'm wondering if buying an after market full tower case with more space and some case fans will help.

Also does the power supply wattage effect this? If the power supply is to low? It's a 520W

Solution
GPU coolers are tricky to replace, and I would recommend an after market CPU cooler, but my i5-4590 -which is a similar CPU - runs at 28 degrees idle with a stock cooler. There are a few things you can do to find the problem. First, go into task manager and check if any tasks are running intensively on your cpu while you aren't gaming.

Tiebar90

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2014
I think I'll try another case with some case fans and more space to get better air flow through out the computer, that will probably circulate some of that hot air out of the case to cool it down a bit.

And of course I'll select one. I really appreciate you answering all of my questions and so quickly.