Question Are my idle temps normal?

LudinK

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2014
Just built my PC, components will be listed at the bottom. Only component that's temporary is the motherboard which I will be swapping out once I've found a good replacement. I'm not in the habit of looking at my temps but as this is a new build, I wanted to take a look at them. My performance seems to be ok as i don't have issues in game and my 3D mark time spy score was 29700 (GPU= 37306 CPU=13781). These are the temps with the panels off btw. In game temps don't seem terrible even with Doom being a fairly easy game to run, however my idles don't look right to me.

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/rlL63pp

SPECS:
Gigabyte 4090
Ryzen 7800X3D
Gigabyte B650 UD Rev 1.0
WD Black SN850x 4TB
Lian Li Galahad 360MM
Supernova P2 850W Platinum

I don't see anything unusual about your temps.

But I don't know that I'd draw any conclusions from that because your side panels are off...........unless you intend to leave them off permanently.

What are your ambient temps?

Can you describe your fan situation in some detail?

Just built my PC, components will be listed at the bottom. Only component that's temporary is the motherboard which I will be swapping out once I've found a good replacement. I'm not in the habit of looking at my temps but as this is a new build, I wanted to take a look at them. My performance seems to be ok as i don't have issues in game and my 3D mark time spy score was 29700 (GPU= 37306 CPU=13781). These are the temps with the panels off btw. In game temps don't seem terrible even with Doom being a fairly easy game to run, however my idles don't look right to me.

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/rlL63pp

SPECS:
Gigabyte 4090
Ryzen 7800X3D
Gigabyte B650 UD Rev 1.0
WD Black SN850x 4TB
Lian Li Galahad 360MM
Supernova P2 850W Platinum
Temps are quite normal, CPU is rated up to 89c at full continuous load before throttling. Those are temps to be concerned about, "Idle" is not always same as it depends on background processes, generally about 1% of CPU usage can be considered as idle.
You may be better served by looking at Ryzen Master in Advanced view, less clutter and just important factor sare shown For better idle temps make sure pump is running at higher or full speed.