Are my ram modules compatible?

Jun 13, 2018
I have a Asus prime x470 pro mobo and Ryzen 7 2700x. Was curious if my ram modules that I have would support the mobo and cpu. Ram : gskill ripjaws v series : F4-2800C15S-8GVRB. ?? Now I know there is a difference in support and the QVL. Any advice ??

Jun 13, 2018

No I bought the cpu and mobo a week ago and pc wouldn’t post. No video. Tried w ram out and in. Even in B2 and A2 slots. Cuz I have 2 sticks and no post. So I did order the trident z 3200. 8x2 16gb. Thought it was a ram compatibility issue.

R0GG

Distinguished
The brand, frequency and timing and voltage are the same listed on your motherboard QVL as supported in the 64 GB kit
G.SKILL F4-2800C15Q2-64GRK(XMP) 8x 8GB DS SK Hynix 15-16-16-35 1.25 2800
Basically same specs, besides Gskill have wider compatibility, so I don't think you'll have any issue using the F4-2800C15S-8GVRB on you motherboard.

Jun 13, 2018

2 8gb sticks = 16gb. They are in the A2 and B2 slots.

Jun 13, 2018
Yea the pc will start up. Everything runs. Just no video. But everything runs at %100. Except PSU. Which the PSU shouldn’t anyway I think. At power on the fans start. Then stop. Which the PSU from wat I know should do that

Are your 2 sticks from the same kit?
Id not, that could be your problem.
Go to the g.skil web site and access their ram configurator.
Enter your motherboard and you should get a list of supported ram kits.

Your motherboard manual should identify the preferred slots to mount just two sticks.

R0GG

Distinguished

Those are the right memory slots recommended in your motherboard manual
Try clear CMOS:
mjUeoOw.jpg

Jun 13, 2018

I did read this already. The only thing I didn’t do was use the mobo brackets Screws that came with the mobo Cause there are already ones on my case and I think they are placed just fine in there spots.

Jun 13, 2018

I did clear the CMOS. But I didn’t have the keyboard connected. When I first installed everything. I didn’t have my SSD connected ,mouse or keyboard. Just to see if I could get into bios. But nope. No post

Jun 13, 2018

I don’t see any extra standoff’s at all. I can send a pic if u like

R0GG

Distinguished
- Any lights coming up on your motherboard? any fans spinning? does your keyboard lights up (num lock or caps lock led)
I would boot with minimal hardware: no hard drive or cdroms or card reader, with only one memory stick at the furthest memory slot from CPU ( re-seat it), reseat GPU carefully in it's PCIe slot, double check CPU 4-8 pin power connector on the motherboard, and GPU has correct PCIe power connector attached from PSU, verify all PSU cables both ends are attached correctly, motherboard power connector ( re-plug), verify CPU cooler fan is connected to motherboard dedicated CPU_FAN header, and if possible power on motherboard by shorting power pins on front panel motherboard header (not use case power button= disconnect all case front panel wiring), or best have motherboard sitting outside the case on an isolating surface like a cardboard).