Question Are Nintendo Switch docks interchangeable between regions?

gogurtpie

Reputable
Apr 2, 2020
Hello, after seeing a lot of info about peoples' Switches becoming bricked due to 3rd party AC adapters and docks, a friend told me to come here for advice.

I have an OLED switch from Hong Kong, but am located in NA and using NA outlets. Since the Switch came with the British plug, I bought a 3rd party AC adapter for NA, and have been using that for my dock. But, after hearing about all these bricks, I went and got an official Nintendo AC adapter for NA. I have a few questions:

1) Will my Switch be safe using the dock it came with, but with the official NA AC adapter? Should I use an international plug converter instead?
2) If I were to buy a new dock (+HDMI +AC adapter) from a NA seller, would that be any risk to my Switch? Can I only use Hong Kong docks, or are the docks all interchangeable and only the AC adapter differs?

My concern is that my Switch will brick from one of these components. I do not know anything about voltages unfortunately so I come here for advice. Nintendo support was not very helpful with this question and just told me to use it in Hong Kong. Thank you in advance for any help.

Last edited:
The dock itself is region free. The power adapter itself may or may not depending on its input specifications. It should say on the label on the power brick what it's input voltage and frequency range is. For Hong Kong, as long as it can take 220V 50Hz electricity, it'll be fine.

TRENDING THREADS