[SOLVED] Are PSU from Asus, gigabyte, or NZXT good?

zwtch_17

Commendable
Dec 18, 2021
I frequently see on the market some brands that, to my knowledge, never manufacture a power supply, such as Asus, gigabyte, or NZXT.

Are they any good power supplies?

Is that something to buy or avoid?

thank you.

Solution
The Aorus series of units from Gigabyte are worth looking into though their P series is trash as made clear by Gamers Nexus. Asus's units are a rebadged, slightly reworked Seasonic unit. NZXT might be getting theirs from CWT, I think correction, they're Seasonic as well. To be safe, avoid Gigabyte. They've been known to ghost people's RMA requests. MSI's MPG lineup is also not a bad unit to have if you're going with an entry-mid level gaming system.

What sort of hardware are you looking to power, mind you?

Lutfij

Titan
The Aorus series of units from Gigabyte are worth looking into though their P series is trash as made clear by Gamers Nexus. Asus's units are a rebadged, slightly reworked Seasonic unit. NZXT might be getting theirs from CWT, I think correction, they're Seasonic as well. To be safe, avoid Gigabyte. They've been known to ghost people's RMA requests. MSI's MPG lineup is also not a bad unit to have if you're going with an entry-mid level gaming system.

What sort of hardware are you looking to power, mind you?

Last edited:
Solution

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
as noted above, you have to go model by model. most brands sell really good units and some junk ones as well.

you got to check out some reviews to see what is worth it or not. there are a handful of companies that actually make psu's. everyone else slaps their label on it. based on what they want the unit to cost, they pick and chose options to include. thus some end up very poor psu's, while some end up really good ones.

seasonic, super flower, CWT are some of the main psu makers. most everyone else just puts their label on what they contract them to make.