Are there any smoke detectors/fire alarms devices to buy that you can plug directly into a power strip? (Using a 3-prong slot)

SeriousGaming101

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2016
Hello all,

Are there currently any smoke detectors/fire alarms that you can plug directly into a normal power strip 3-prong slot on the market today to buy(As opposed to the traditional smoke detectors that you have to hardwire into the ceiling)?

Links Please.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello all,

Are there currently any smoke detectors/fire alarms that you can plug directly into a normal power strip 3-prong slot on the market today to buy(As opposed to the traditional smoke detectors that you have to hardwire into the ceiling)?

Links Please.
There are battery ONLY units. You want the unit on the ceiling because heat and smoke rise.

Reactions: dudio

USAFRet

Titan
"WiFi Connected"

I wouldn't. Not even a little bit.
A smoke detector has one job, and one job only. To screech really really loud, if it detects something.

I don't need or want yet another security braindead app on my phone to talk to the smoke alarm.

But if that one appeals to you, go for it.

Ralston18

Titan
Another thought to consider.

Check with your local fire department. They may have a program that can provide and properly place and install fire/smoke detectors for you.

Likely for free. Or they will know of a program that can do so.

And battery powered detectors can last up to 10 years now....

TRENDING THREADS