Question Are these components a good choice ?

Oct 2, 2024
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
Team TFORCE VULCAN Z 16GB 3200 x 4 (64GB Total)
CORSAIR CX Series CX750 750W 80+ Bronze ATX Power Supply
ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II
NZXT T120 CPU AIR COOLER WHITE

I will be getting a 4070 / super next year , running a 1650 till then.

Oct 2, 2024
What case do you plan on buying?

I recommend against buying the NZXT T120. If you can fit it, the Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB is a good option. I've got one myself, and it hardly emits any noise, along with keeping my CPU nice and cool.

The purpose of your system is most important. Do you intend on using it for gaming, rendering, or both?

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2024

I recommend against buying the NZXT T120. If you can fit it, the Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB is a good option. I've got one myself, and it hardly emits any noise, along with keeping my CPU nice and cool.

The purpose of your system is most important. Do you intend on using it for gaming, rendering, or both?
The case im gonna be using is the XPG DEFENDER MID-TOWER CHASSIS

Regarding the Cooler , i wasnt able to find the cooler you mentioned , AIOs are generally about 3x more expensive than Air coolers in our local market

How about these Air coolers I found that matched my budget?

Cooler Master Hyper 620S ARGB​

Noctua NH-D9L Dual Tower Premium Air Cooler​

Im mainly going to be using the system to Code , Casual Gaming (FH5, and mainly story mode games).
Im not planning on doing any rendering.

Oct 2, 2024

I also got another question.

Using 4 sticks of 16gb ram to get 64gb at 3200mhz would be ok right ?
I saw on reddit people suggesting that it would not sometimes support 4 sticks at 3200mhz.

Oct 2, 2024

Regarding the Cooler , i wasnt able to find the cooler you mentioned , AIOs are generally about 3x more expensive than Air coolers in our local market

Im mainly going to be using the system to Code , Casual Gaming (FH5, and mainly story mode games).
I would personally recommend 2x32GB. Much more compatible and stable as opposed to 4. It means less stress for the memory controller.

From what I can tell, the case you intend on buying looks good and is well-received by its buyers.

For CPU cooling, I have more experience with CoolerMaster and find them to be a good choice. So, I would go for the Hyper 620S.

This system is more than fine for what you intend on using it for. It won't have any trouble running Forza Horizon 5.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

Hey there,

For cooling, forget everything else except these two:Thermaltake Peerless Assassin or the Phantom Spirit. They are the best, and best value too.https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/thermalright-peerless-assassin-120-se

Personally I do lie AIO's. There are some good ones available. Keeps the system nice and clean, and cools more efficiently than air.

If you're going to buy the 5700x, then you may just add some more money and get the 5700x3d. It's much better for gaming.

For ram get a 2x 32gb CL16 3600mhz ram. This will give you the best latency and your CPU and memory run in a 1:1 ratio, along with the infinity fabric. Using 4 slots is not the best solution for Ryzen. So 2 x 32gb kit is the way to go.

PSU: Change it for something better. It's just average at best. Corsair RMi/RMx/RMe/TXM if sticking with Corsair.

I also got another question.

Using 4 sticks of 16gb ram to get 64gb at 3200mhz would be ok right ?
I saw on reddit people suggesting that it would not sometimes support 4 sticks at 3200mhz.
Not always. Sometimes with 4 DIMMs populated the memory controller can't handle the extra DIMMs. It means the memory can be forced to run at slower speeds. This is not an issue with a 2 x kit. Instead of a 4 x kit.

Oct 2, 2024
I would personally recommend 2x32GB. Much more compatible and stable as opposed to 4. It means less stress for the memory controller.

From what I can tell, the case you intend on buying looks good and is well-received by its buyers.

For CPU cooling, I have more experience with CoolerMaster and find them to be a good choice. So, I would go for the Hyper 620S.

This system is more than fine for what you intend on using it for. It won't have any trouble running Forza Horizon 5.
Alright thanks for the info,

For the RAM , Locally its tough to find 32gb ram modules in DDR4 , so if i were to go with the 16 x 4 would it be a big issue , such as bluescreens etc?

Given that i will be using a 1650 until i get a 4070 , will it stutter a lot since the GPU is bottlenecking?

My thoughts:

Ryzen is very sensitive to ram compatibility and speeds.
I doubt that a 4 stick kit is best.
Pick a kit that is explicitly supported by your motherboard ram QVL list.
Or, supported on a ram vendor support list for your mobo/cpu combo.
Not all similar spec ram will work well.

Corsair 750CX is an average psu with a 5 year warranty.
I would look for a unit with a 7 to 10 year warranty.

The 5700X needs a decent cooler.
Here is what Noctua has to say on that:
https://ncc.noctua.at/cpus/model/AMD-Ryzen-7-5700X-1603
The NH-D9L does not have sufficient bulk to do the job well.

On a budget, the thermalright peerless assassin mentioned above is a decent choice.
For quality and ease of install, I am a Noctua fan. They do cost more though.

Oct 2, 2024
Alright thanks for the info,

For the RAM , Locally its tough to find 32gb ram modules in DDR4 , so if i were to go with the 16 x 4 would it be a big issue , such as bluescreens etc?

Given that i will be using a 1650 until i get a 4070 , will it stutter a lot since the GPU is bottlenecking?
You won't encounter any 'real' issues with 1650 on your current system, especially for games like FH5. Bottlenecking isn't a real concern for what you have. You don't have to worry about it.

I would honestly recommend sticking to just two if you can, but if not, then you don't really have a choice.

Oct 2, 2024
You won't encounter any 'real' issues with 1650 on your current system, especially for games like FH5. Bottlenecking isn't a real concern for what you have. You don't have to worry about it.

I would honestly recommend sticking to just two if you can, but if not, then you don't really have a choice.
yep i will be sticking to two

Oct 2, 2024
My thoughts:

Ryzen is very sensitive to ram compatibility and speeds.
I doubt that a 4 stick kit is best.
Pick a kit that is explicitly supported by your motherboard ram QVL list.
Or, supported on a ram vendor support list for your mobo/cpu combo.
Not all similar spec ram will work well.

Corsair 750CX is an average psu with a 5 year warranty.
I would look for a unit with a 7 to 10 year warranty.

The 5700X needs a decent cooler.
Here is what Noctua has to say on that:
https://ncc.noctua.at/cpus/model/AMD-Ryzen-7-5700X-1603
The NH-D9L does not have sufficient bulk to do the job well.

On a budget, the thermalright peerless assassin mentioned above is a decent choice.
For quality and ease of install, I am a Noctua fan. They do cost more though.
i was able to find the coolermaster AIO the other user mentioned.