[SOLVED] Are these indications of a faulty AC adapter?

May 15, 2020
So I have a Dell G5 5587 and for the past 2 months I have been experiencing sudden shutdown while gaming only. At first I thought it was thermal issue so I went out to repaste + repad + dusting out the fans. However, to my disappointment the shut down still occurs. Nonetheless in the past few weeks I have noticed a few things about my AC adapter.

Specs: i7 8750H + GTX 1050Ti + 8GB RAM

1) Shut down is very very random. On some days I can play games for 3-4 hours straight. On other days it doesn't take more than 2 minutes into the game for another shut down to occur.

2) During stress test, the CPU can hit TJ max (100 Celcius) and the thing still doesn't give up yet. I don't believe heat to be the issue here.

3) Strange power limit throttling in games. While playing games sometimes the frame rates will be capped at 30fps for 1 second as if the AC adapter just dropped and my laptop is now running on battery. This happens to all of my games. It's not really thermal throttling because if my laptop thermal throttles, the game will run at a sluggish 15-20fps for 5-10 seconds instead of minor hiccups in this case.

4) Audio crackling. I'm not too sure what caused this. I checked with latencymon and it told me power management related. So I tried to surf the web normally with only battery and no DPC issue. However, the moment I plugged in the AC adapter the DPC bar spiked hard. I also removed the battery and ran the laptop on AC adapter only, same issue.

5) Very short cooldown after shut down. I know for sure that when my laptop shuts down due to heat, it will take 20-30 minutes to cool down. However, this time I only have to remove the charger and can immediately boot the laptop back up. I strongly believe that heat is once again not an issue.

6) Buzzling near the charging port, but this also happens with charging ports of other laptops in the house too. Maybe voltage spike from the outlet? This also started to happen after an unnoticed power cut a few weeks ago.

7) Lately, whenever I cold boot after a shutdown and plug back in the AC adapter, I will hear a long beeping sound. This has never happened to my laptop before all the shut downs. I looked up the forums and they said that this was the clearest indication of a faulty AC adapter. But I'm still not too sure about that because the AC adapter is still charging normally.

What do you guys think? I'm thinking about bringing my laptop to a local PC shop and ask to borrow their AC adapter to test my laptop. But could it be power surge related as well? I'm thinking about grabbing an anti-surge protector too.

Thank you in advance for all the helps.