Question are these psu voltage values dangerous?

kyle_flores26

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
looks normal what psu you using ?
whats the problem exactly 🤔
im using the seasonic x-series 650w psu im having these random restarts that take varied amounts of times sometimes days sometimes mere minutes and i saw on another thread that this guy had the same problem but he fixed it by replacing his psu

kyle_flores26

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
by restarts do you mean goes black and no blue screen instant or bluescreen then restarts etc after a few moments ?
yep goes black no blue screen comes back up again no warning no anything i moved the ram around and it seems to affect the times of loading but im not certain that the ram is the problem because i sent one stick to my buddy and it works on his system

retroforlife

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017
could be a psu problem could be a lot of things i would recommend try in a different psu if that doesnt fix it then than some thing else making it happen . could you show pic of volages while using the system like under gaming / test load ?

retroforlife

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017
these problems can be caused by a whole lot of different things from bad drivers , windows needing updates , bad psu , viruses , faulty hardware. whole lot to check 🤔

how dusty is your system just a thought could also be a dust bunny not expecting it to be just wishful thinking so simple to sort

kyle_flores26

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
these problems can be caused by a whole lot of different things from bad drivers , windows needing updates , bad psu , viruses , faulty hardware. whole lot to check 🤔

how dusty is your system just a thought could also be a dust bunny not expecting it to be just wishful thinking so simple to sort
i just blew it out yesterday with air and i put a cover on it when not in use so overall not that dusty i think and i think (im not an expert though) we could discard software problems? ive already reformatted my system and tried to run it without an hdd so that only my ssd which was formatted recently would run same problem persists

iMatty

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
Well what the OP is saying that he keeps getting restarts, restarts usually tend to be that the power supply is starting to die.
Plus if he put load on anything on the computer it will just restart again.

no other way than getting another power supply and test it.

Reactions: retroforlife

kyle_flores26

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
how old is that psu just wondering if manufacturer warranty still valid just a thought
its 2 years old and i check the warranty at the back they say my warranty is done idk tho also i tried furmark my system did not restart but while doing memtest i couldnt finish because the system restarted. also question is motherboard a likely culprit as well?

Go by the BIOS readings.
Second that.

Then you are looking at static numbers, better than nothing but intermittent problems are rarely static, things go south usually when they are being stressed like when ur running a game.

I would verify power connectors are seated properly, clean ram stick and expansion cards' fingers. Use a small wire brush for power connectors pins, a pencil eraser for gold fingers and compressed air can.

kyle_flores26

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
Hey guys thanks for all your replies i went away on vacation recently so im replying only now but i cleaned my psu filter it isnt restarting anymore thank god but i now get stuttering in my games? Idk what that means its just one problem after the other thanks again for the reply guys