[SOLVED] Are those values normal? Ryzen 3600

Sep 20, 2021
hJ8aAoy.png

Hello, is having such a low core effective clocks normal? Even when gaming? The minimum always goes very low.
I seem to have random micro stutters even in normal windows activity, i changed everything, installed a fresh windows 10 multiple times, changed ssd to an nvme m2, i always get those micro stutters in game and non.
Any help or suggestion is appreciated. Thanks in advance
edit1: also tried disabling amd cool n quiet from bios, no difference whatsoever

Solution
Yes i have enabled xmp for my rams and they have been running at 3000 mhz for a while without any crash or instabilty, i even tried with a pair of different rams but the issue remains. I'll try with default settings and report asap.
Also i've noticed that in game if i close absolutely everything that isn't my main game, the performance increase and the stutter is less noticeable. (fps never goes under 100)

I would say: 'Always go minimalist'. Shut down any program that is running that isn't 100% necessary. Don't install any extra utilities etc. Don't ever use motherboard utilities. When you install GPU drivers, don't choose Geforce Experience, don't tick HDMI, PhysX etc if you know you are never going to use it. To go even...
Hello, is having such a low core effective clocks normal?...
yes probably. effective clocks consider the time the core spends in sleep states, when it's effectively turned off. Even when gaming the CPU is often putting cores into C6, deep sleep.

Check also the Core C1 Residency and Core C6 Residency percentages. And, of course, Core C0, when it's actually working. I wouldn't doubt most cores spends more time sleeping than working.

Sep 20, 2021
yes probably. effective clocks consider the time the core spends in sleep states, when it's effectively turned off. Even when gaming the CPU is often putting cores into C6, deep sleep.

Check also the Core C1 Residency and Core C6 Residency percentages. And, of course, Core C0, when it's actually working. I wouldn't doubt most cores spends more time sleeping than working.
Thanks for replying, i can't really understand those stutters, going crazy and wasting a lot of money, maybe i just have a faulty cpu/mobo/psu (only thing i haven't changed since issues started)

Sep 20, 2021
Would you say 5 watts more is a lot at idle? If you do, disconnect your SSD.
Cool'n'Quiet? Wasn't that removed 5+ years ago? You might be thinking of C3 States.
When you took that HWinfo screenshot, what did you have running?

My bios (b450 aorus elite) still has cool n quiet and it was enabled .
I played a few games of apex when i took that screenshot.
I tried with high performance but the issue stand still

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
My bios (b450 aorus elite) still has cool n quiet and it was enabled .
I played a few games of apex when i took that screenshot.
I tried with high performance but the issue stand still
It sounds like a powersaving issue but could be something else. Have you enabled XMP for your RAM? Did it take? Any instabilities since?
That BIOS has profiles, right? Save your current BIOS settings and try 'Load Defaults'. Should put everything to stock and RAM at 2133 Mhz or so. Test if it still stutters.

Sep 20, 2021
It sounds like a powersaving issue but could be something else. Have you enabled XMP for your RAM? Did it take? Any instabilities since?
That BIOS has profiles, right? Save your current BIOS settings and try 'Load Defaults'. Should put everything to stock and RAM at 2133 Mhz or so. Test if it still stutters.
Yes i have enabled xmp for my rams and they have been running at 3000 mhz for a while without any crash or instabilty, i even tried with a pair of different rams but the issue remains. I'll try with default settings and report asap.
Also i've noticed that in game if i close absolutely everything that isn't my main game, the performance increase and the stutter is less noticeable. (fps never goes under 100)

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED

I would say: 'Always go minimalist'. Shut down any program that is running that isn't 100% necessary. Don't install any extra utilities etc. Don't ever use motherboard utilities. When you install GPU drivers, don't choose Geforce Experience, don't tick HDMI, PhysX etc if you know you are never going to use it. To go even further, you can debloat win10. Just google it. Check Msconfig what services start with the system. Filter out Windows Services. Disable anything not necessary.
Eliminate variables.

Now, my brother had a stuttering issue out of nowhere. We tried different GPU drivers, checked BIOS settings, everything was normal, didn't change anything. Well, until...he uninstalled the mouse driver for some trending mouse he got from China. Apparently. not that great drivers.
I had never heard of the brand. That is why I suggested he uninstall it. It was the last unknown variable. We had previously removed every piece of Corsair etc software.
Lesson learned, drivers suck. It's not like other companies from other countries are immune to the same problem.

Reactions: ArtificialK47
Solution