[SOLVED] Area of screen flickers

Jan 8, 2022
Hi all,

Symptoms:

1. The bottom one centimeter of my laptop screen flickers rapidly, between what it should be displaying and what is actually shown on the TOP one centimeter of the screen. The area affected is the entire length of the screen along the bottom edge.

2. This behaviour only happens in the actively selected full screen app (never affects borderless window), and is only occurs in graphically intense apps (simple games, browsers etc have no issue).

3. Screen recordings and screen shots do not show the flicker.

4. The behaviour presents whether or not I have a second display attached, but it never affects the second display.

I'm using a one year old Alienware M17 R4 unmodified, all drivers and BIOS (Alienware 1.6.2, 29/10/2021) are fully updated. Windows 11, NVIDIA RTX 3070 Laptop GPU, i7 processor.

View: https://youtu.be/GwjN7ligpXQ

View: https://youtu.be/HG1kwvRAUpI

Any help much appreciated!!
Charlie

Last edited:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Screen recordings and screen shots do not show the flicker.
Are you able to record the issue off of a phone's camera?

BIOS fully updated
For the sake of relevance, can you parse a BIOS version?

Probable that the panel on your laptop might be behaving odd. Did you try downloading the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, then using DDU to uninstall all drivers, then manually reinstalling said latest drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Lutfij

Titan

BIOS fully updated

Probable that the panel on your laptop might be behaving odd. Did you try downloading the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, then using DDU to uninstall all drivers, then manually reinstalling said latest drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Reactions: ChCh1122
Solution
Jan 8, 2022

BIOS fully updated

Hi mate, thanks so much for the help, DDU + Run as Admin worked it looks like!

TRENDING THREADS