Question Argb fans case

Oct 24, 2022
Hey, guys, I was wondering how my case running 2 argb fans i can change colors and modes from the led button while my mobo doesn’t support argb headers and if I can add another argb fan and control it from the Led Button
my case : raidmax x902
mobo : A320 m2h
ljEqldV.jpg

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
if I can add another argb fan and control it from the Led Button

This is unknown and here, you have to do the legwork.

Namely, follow the fan ARGB wire and look where it connects to. It most likely is one small box, aka RGB control unit.

Then, look if the RGB control unit has free ports for additional fans. Also check how the free port looks, since most of the times, those boxes have proprietary connections, meaning that only same brand fan will work with it.

Or you can always contact Raidmax directly and ask them about it + which Raidmax fans are compatible with your PC case.
Did look from PC case manual but there is 0 word about the ARGB fans or how they are controlled.

Oct 24, 2022
This is unknown and here, you have to do the legwork.

Namely, follow the fan ARGB wire and look where it connects to. It most likely is one small box, aka RGB control unit.

Then, look if the RGB control unit has free ports for additional fans. Also check how the free port looks, since most of the times, those boxes have proprietary connections, meaning that only same brand fan will work with it.

Or you can always contact Raidmax directly and ask them about it + which Raidmax fans are compatible with your PC case.
Did look from PC case manual but there is 0 word about the ARGB fans or how they are controlled.
hey they replied to me saying this
The pre-installed fan has build in the ARGB control IC. So we daisy chain all the fans and switch with the ARGB function. You can add 2 more fans on the top panel. If they are ARGB fans, you can also daisy chain them with the pre-installed fans.
i didnt understand what they meant exactly

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
i didnt understand what they meant exactly
What it means is, that you can add up to 2 ARGB fans and connect the new fans to the old fans (daisy-chain). Also, Raidmax explains that the new fans you can add, can be put as top exhausts (since those fan spots are free in your case).

Though, Raidmax answer doesn't include which ARGB fans you can add (e.g if their fans use proprietary connector or not). Without knowing this, i suggest that you get the same Raidmax ARGB fans as you already have (for best compatibility).

Reactions: Elbaha
Oct 24, 2022
What it means is, that you can add up to 2 ARGB fans and connect the new fans to the old fans (daisy-chain). Also, Raidmax explains that the new fans you can add, can be put as top exhausts (since those fan spots are free in your case).

Though, Raidmax answer doesn't include which ARGB fans you can add (e.g if their fans use proprietary connector or not). Without knowing this, i suggest that you get the same Raidmax ARGB fans as you already have (for best compatibility).
Thank you so much for explaining 👍🏼

TRENDING THREADS