Question Artefacts on pc - anything I can do or do I have to accept the loss?

OS04

Commendable
Apr 9, 2021
Basically my pc showed full screen, square artefacts after minecraft crashed today (normal minecraft, no mods, settings were normal, not too high and temps were normal too), after restarting the pc the pc seemed fine and there was nothing in event viewer or the minecraft log file so I assumed it was a freak thing. Then I go to Google and it happens again, the entire pc seized up and then restarted itself, now event viewer has stuff to say, like ‘fatal hardware failure’ and ‘failed to start driver wudfrd’

So after a couple more crashes, sometimes with only my mouse being affected and with AMD saving me on one occasion telling me again it was a driver issue, I took a look at AMD adrenaline and apparently I had a version from November (I got the card in December) and have updated it to newer versions since, I thought this was super weird, like incredibly weird - so I downloaded ddu as fast as I could so I didn’t get caught in a crash, started safe mode and removed those pesky gpu drivers, then after it restarted I downloaded the latest version of AMD adrenaline, which apparently I didn’t have before, then after it had all installed, I clicked restart…ARTEFACT CRASH…GENERIC BSOD (0xc00000001 - also weird right???)

*Removed by Moderator*

Please tell me, is there ANYTHING I can do?

Also these weird things like old drivers I never had and the generic BSOD are worrying me that it’s something else completely but my pc is relatively clean and I regularly scan for malware, even do that offline scan sometimes - and ram was tested not so long ago due to another game crash (that was probs caused by mods)

Specs:

Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 gaming edge wifi
CPU: Ryzen 5600x
GPU: Rx 6600 8gb
RAM: 2x8gb 3200mhz
SSD: Samsung 860 evo 500gb
SSHD: Seagate firecuda 500gb
PSU: TX650M

Note: This was a gift and unfortunately it was secondhand so no warranty

Last edited by a moderator:

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Was the OS for this build its own clean install, or brought over from another build?

The wudfrd comes up in a search as a usb controller problem. There are various suggestions online towards a possible fix. Check Device Manager for 'yellow triangle' and/or Windows Update for more current drivers. Perhaps even the motherboard manufacturer site.

OS04

Commendable
Apr 9, 2021
Was the OS for this build its own clean install, or brought over from another build?

The wudfrd comes up in a search as a usb controller problem. There are various suggestions online towards a possible fix. Check Device Manager for 'yellow triangle' and/or Windows Update for more current drivers. Perhaps even the motherboard manufacturer site.
It was a clean install, windows is fully up-to-date I always keep it updated. I have checked the motherboard website and it does have some drivers that are recent so I’ll try to install them but I’m worried about constantly letting my pc crash and reboot