Artifacts, please help me solve this issue

martijn89

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
hello community

like a month ago, or two, I bought myself a XFX 260GTX, Nvidia card. When playing games, cod4 or assassins creed for example, the card fails. Im seeing strange blocks and colours all over my screen. I do have a screenshot of this issue:

after installing the card i didnt change anything in the bios AT ALL. i just installed the driver from the CD. is this something i can solve, or is the card just broken? I would love to see your reply here or e-mail at martijn_persoons@hotmail.com.

Please help me,

Many thanks!
Martijn

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
I suggest you check the temperature under load, if it's excessively high then that may be causing it, also it'd be nice to know what PSU do you have.

after checking those and getting the possible temperature/power failures out of the way, you should scratch the software issues from your list. The easiest way is to make a clean installation of windows with the latest drivers, if the problem persists then the card is damaged and you should RMA.

martijn89

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
it cant be the heat because sometimes it happens after 2 minutes and sometimes after 4 hours of intensive non stop gaming?

Windows XP Professional is my OS

martijn89

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
i will install the lastest Nvidia driver later today, ill keep you updated.

Thank you for the replies! I really appreciate the help

martijn89

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
I'm very sorry for triple posting, its not letting me edit my posts.
my power supply: Antec NeoHE Power 550W ATX22

I am now testing the latest nvidia drivers.

thanks in advance

martijn89

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
I've tried deleting the old drivers and installing new drivers from nvidia.com. it did not work... any other suggestions?

try the card on a friends system to rule out your system as the cause. If its still does it, return the card and exchange it for a new one. If it does not do it, borrow a PSU from someone to make sure the card is not putting too much strain on yours(doubtful, but stranger things have happened.)