Question as soon as I enable ShadowPlay's Instant Replay, my GPU clocks and memory clocks go to town, causing high temps in games.

Ziraelll2077

Prominent
Apr 18, 2022
as the title says, as soon as I enable instant replay or record through nvidia's shadowplay, my clocks and memory clocks go to town and skyrocket to their max, causing temps to go absurdly high, any way to fix this? as I really like having instant replay on for if something cool happens during my gaming sessions. thanks :)

system specs are, Ryzen 5 5600g at 4.2ghz, 24gb of ram at 2400mhz, RTX 2060 SC EVGA, MOBO B450m Mortar Max, one 1tb seagate HDD at 7k rpm and an external seagate hdd at 5200 rpm, same storage quantity, PSU is a 500w one with around 3 years of use, (can't remember the make and don't have time to open my computer to look at it but i think it's an EVGA one) don't do a lot of heavy gaming or gaming at all for that matter so it doesn't get too stressed

Last edited:

Ziraelll2077

Prominent
Apr 18, 2022
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original, new, refurbished, used?) History of heavy gaming use?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?
done friend, everything you asked is on the original post now

Ralston18

Titan
A three year old PSU is a likely suspect.

Like many other products PSUs have a designed in EOL (End of Life) and will eventually begin to falter and fail. Even with normal use....

It may not be gaming per se causing the problems. However, recording and replaying all place a load on the host system.

Could also be blockages inside the case that are interring with air flows and cooling. Especially if the case has never been cleaned.

= = = =

What you can do:

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connections, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Look for signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melted insulation, browned or blackened components, swollen components, pinched or kinked wires.

Make note of the PSU model, rating, etc. - just in case....