Ashton Kutcher Hospitalized Due to Fruit Diet for jOBS Role

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

migrax

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs... It reminds me of when they cast Keannu Reeves in the role that Michael Rennie immortalized. Hollywood is so out of step with our culture to the point that it has to emulate it instead of portraying it. Celebrites like Kutcher and his fans drink deep the kool-aid that will in the end be their downfall. If you do the things that idiots do, you shouldn't be surprised when you reap the net results of that lifestyle.

migrax

Avus

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001
To fix his diet problem, he should just eat some Cupcake, Donut, Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice-cream sandwich and Jelly bean to count that. After he finish the movie, have some Key Lime Pie too.

[citation][nom]Avus[/nom]To fix his diet problem, he should just eat some Cupcake, Donut, Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice-cream sandwich and Jelly bean to count that. After he finish the movie, have some Key Lime Pie too.[/citation]

After the key lime pie, he can jump through a windows.

fnh

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
[citation][nom]gggplaya[/nom]After the key lime pie, he can jump through a windows.[/citation]

If he's unlucky, he'll end up with a vista.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
Like, the fruit, like, pain, like was over my stomach, like, yea it hurt so much! Like.

I was hoping that persona was just from the roles he plays but it appears he's actually like that in the RL.

lixamaga

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
If you want to lose weight in a short period of time, you will have to strive pretty much. However, you can get really nice results following a fast weight loss diet. But, there are some particular aspects that you should consider, when choosing such a diet. If you want to find the appropriate one for you and your body, you’ll have to pay attention to some specific aspects.

What you should or should not believe when it comes to fast weight loss diets…
Certainly you have already read and tried different diets, but you didn't succeed to lose weight or you didn't lose as much weight as it was promised. Well, a first reason could be that every human body reacts in its particular way to a specific diet, so the results will depend from one person to another. But, in most of the cases, the diet is simply wrong. There are a lot of recommendations without any scientific evidence. You will hardly recover once you have fallen into the trap of absurd advises. For example, you could be required to eat some particular foods and a fix number of meals each day or to not skip the breakfast because it’s often considered the most important meal of a day. Well, how should you choose the best fast weight loss diet?

In fact, every diet will try to reduce the amount of calories that you eat per day. From the mathematical point of view, this is quite fair. If you eat more calories than you consume, your body will automatically convert the surplus into fat.

The problem with all these diets is that they all restrict very much the amount of calories you’re allowed to consume. But, it is unanimously agreed that such a restrictive eating cannot be sustained for a very long period of time.

[citation][nom]lixamaga[/nom]If you want to lose weight in a short period of time, you will have to strive pretty much. However, you can get really nice results following a fast weight loss diet. But, there are some particular aspects that you should consider, when choosing such a diet. If you want to find the appropriate one for you and your body, you’ll have to pay attention to some specific aspects.What you should or should not believe when it comes to fast weight loss diets…Certainly you have already read and tried different diets, but you didn't succeed to lose weight or you didn't lose as much weight as it was promised. Well, a first reason could be that every human body reacts in its particular way to a specific diet, so the results will depend from one person to another. But, in most of the cases, the diet is simply wrong. There are a lot of recommendations without any scientific evidence. You will hardly recover once you have fallen into the trap of absurd advises. For example, you could be required to eat some particular foods and a fix number of meals each day or to not skip the breakfast because it’s often considered the most important meal of a day. Well, how should you choose the best fast weight loss diet?In fact, every diet will try to reduce the amount of calories that you eat per day. From the mathematical point of view, this is quite fair. If you eat more calories than you consume, your body will automatically convert the surplus into fat.The problem with all these diets is that they all restrict very much the amount of calories you’re allowed to consume. But, it is unanimously agreed that such a restrictive eating cannot be sustained for a very long period of time.[/citation]

You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. I work out religiously and have tried numerous diets. I've also helped quite a few people lose weight through diet and exercise. I can tell you that caloric restriction is not the only diet out there. In fact it's the worst diet to sustain and doesn't work once you fall down to about 17-20% body fat.

The diets that work the best are carb restrictive diets, in which you don't eat processed grains. In particular diets like Paleo are the ones i use the most. I can eat 3000+ calories a day and not gain any weight because i don't spike my blood sugar levels. The body doesn't release as much insulin and fat is not stored when you have low insulin levels. In fact all i eat is mostly fat which my body is trained to use for energy.

The most sustainable for an american are the glycemic index diets because you can still eat all the same foods you're used to, it's just that you're eating whole grain substitutes and such.

Also, diet is not a term for losing weight. It's just the menu you eat, like a western diet which is what people normally eat in america. Then you have a european diet, asian diet, african diet, etc....

It's not about being on the same diet, it was about following the ZEN lifestyle. A philosophy which jobs carried into all his apple products.

As far as your comment, that's idiotic. How are you supposed to act the part if you know nothing about it???? Like anything scientific, you need to do research. For actors, living like another person is that research.

For instance, if i were to act like a retarded person. You cant just jump into the role and start acting. You have to follow and live with a retarded person to get their manorisms down, their movements, their flinches, turretts etc..... Understanding everything they do adds quite a bit of realism, pretty hard to do by reading a book or acting off your own ignorance of the subject.

Also, when i see actors handle firearms i cringe. They are complete noobs, very unsafe and unrealistic. Now liam niesen in Taken and Taken 2, you can tell actually took training. He knew how to handle a gun, he practiced good trigger control and pointing the gun in a safe direction around his daughter and ex wife. He handled the gun as a professional swat member or CIA agent would, which added a depth of realism other action stars don't have. He appeared very professional in the movie and far more believeable.

The same goes for the ZEN lifestyle. I don't understand it because i don't live it. But if i were acting the role, i would definitely adopt it for a short period to understand how they think, and certain aspects of the character i didn't realize before.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
"First of all, the fruitarian diet can lead to like severe issues. I went to the hospital like two days before we started shooting the movie. I was like doubled over in pain"
He continued: "I was like, literally dying. Not even literally, what's the word for something that is like really happening? Figuratively. I was, like, figuratively dying."

flyrasin

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
He shared "a ravenous interest in the tech space" with Jobs..........and like he is still not in TH and I'm like Y U Not in TH Kutcher?

vestibule

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
To be fair, it was only in the quote in this article that Ashton overused "like", which was obviously intentional.

Status
Not open for further replies.