Ask Me Anything - Official ASUS Representatives

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PCDIYASUS

Reputable
Mar 17, 2015

We have considered a "blank" card in the past but at this time have not decided to move forward in this direction. There are a number of concerns in how you assure end functionality and how it may or may not be warranted. It is something we are looking at though as any water cooling enthusiasts knows they are paying for a thermal solution they are not using.

To a degree this is also in conflict with pre built water cooling cards. Being the PCDIY industry where choice and flexibility are points of value. I do feel we would be best suited in going with "card" but this has more variables than doing a pre built solution like our POSEIDON.

Overall we see water cooling as a market growing but there are niches whether it be "closed loop water cooling" formal custom water cooling and then more specialized configurations with advanced multi radiators and hard tubing etc.

Our goal long term is to monitor the feedback from the community and align our product development with their wants and needs this focus is not just for the largest general users but also our hard core enthusiast segmentation.

raja@asus

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011

I think the easiest known way is to pronounce as you would in "Pegasus".

PCDIYASUS

Reputable
Mar 17, 2015

Think Dr. Seuss but put an A in front of it.

PCDIYASUS

Reputable
Mar 17, 2015

These are generally posted on the support site for the phone at support.asus.com

ghost101

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
The Asus G20 has HORRIBLE venting, please tell me the mother board has additional spot to power a 160mm fan? The actual chassis venting is horrible and I had to CUT our a block to get a little air in the system. This this OVER HEATS after 3 hours or less of running a game. Bad design.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer

So, depending on how you pronounce Pegasus, does this mean that ASUS is:

Uh-sus, Uh-soos or A-soos?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer

That's exactly what I was looking for...thanks!

raja@asus

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011

Uh-soos. I've have not been kicked out of HQ for saying it that way....yet :)

PCDIYASUS

Reputable
Mar 17, 2015

Thanks for the feedback our smart phone and cellular division is hard at work at wide range of skus. A lot of this varies by region to region and carries and other factors. We are continuing to look to bring more models to the US market including smaller solutions. With that noted the trend in the market is moving to larger size phones.

I am deaf in one ear. As a result, your "Sonic Radar" is a strong goad to upgrade, as I might finally know where shots are coming from. Is there any plan to release a Sonic Radar driver for the SupremeFX sound on my Maximus V Gene, will it be made available for an add-in board, or will I need a complete platform upgrade to get this feature? Any chance of bringing it to non-RoG boards, like the 990FX Sabertooth (R1.0)?

raja@asus

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011

Yes we do (been building for 15+ years). Being part of the job, the specs for me are fluid as we test current/future motherboards for guides or to help users with tuning/debugging. Currently I have the Z97-Deluxe in my media/gaming PC and Rampage V Extreme setup for some memory and power testing. I cycle between the Matrix 980 or a couple of GTX 760 cards for testing or gaming with. The main gaming rig feeds a projector shooting a 117" diagonal screen (current fav game is Project Cars).

PCDIYASUS

Reputable
Mar 17, 2015

LOL yes of course I am a diehard PCDIY enthusiast. If you have seen any of my videos online you know I have a wide range of system to many to list at current count I have 7 at home to usually a varying configuration of 3 to 6 at work used for testing.

My primary system at home is RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION and my secondary system is a Z97 DELUXE from there the system breakdown to specifics purposes
HTPC
NAS
Small form factor networking test system
Linux box
Test OS / application / Virtual Machine system

One more if you count my girl friends system which is also DIY.

Lutfij

Titan
Erik, JJ and Raja - Welcome to Tom's Hardware, its a pleasure having you entertain our questions.

Now off to my question bombardment :D

1| A long time ago ASUS had a list of cases that catered to both the office and gaming sector via the Vento series and an unconventional chassis made completely out of acrylic somewhere around late 90's to early 2000. Will we be seeing a chassis designed in house by the ROG designers?

2| Currently the peripherals market is seeing a boom in mechanical switched keyboards and also an inclusion of mechanical switches on mice but is there a ROG mechanical keyboard rolling out to complement the hardcore ROG themed systembuilder? I've seen teasers but no solid news of it.

3| Alot of us know the difference between an ROG series motherboard and a Gamer series motherboard but for those of us who aren't familiar with either is it possible to educate us with what sets them both apart? Where compromises are made on the latter as opposed to the former?

4| There has been recent news of a ram maker on the block, goes by the name of KLEVV, and they seem to make kits that look darn attractive with your boards. Is ASUS considering entering the ram market with the sole intention to match their kits aesthetically and functionally with their motherboard lineups? Also, we've learn't that Corsair + ASUS have both collaborated on a Dominator Platinum project, do you have any more similar projects lined up or are considering one (or more)?

5| ASUS have been the avant garde in bringing the latest technologies to the masses. Is it as easy as you guys make it seem trying to set yourselves apart in every possible manner and form from the competition?

I thought one post to get all my answers would be more efficient :D

DasHotShot

Honorable
Hi,

I was wondering whether you could give us a glimpse into the future of the Sabertooth line of components? Could this extend into other bits and pieces other than motherboards?

Are there any interesting changes coming such as features or functionality that will differ from the ROG line and make it more unique/niche?

Also, is a different colour scheme (the mud palette doesn't always fit into a system's overall scheme) a possibility?

Thanks for any answer(s) to this!

PCDIYASUS

Reputable
Mar 17, 2015

Thanks for the feedback. I would say something else may be affecting the thermal solution whether it be dust , debris or dander buildup. We internally test extensive runtime operation under load to ensure stability and reliability with the thermal solution in place. I myself test the unit at length under general usage as well as multiple hours of concurrent gaming.

If you want to send more feedback along with possibly your ambient temp information I will definitely pass it along to our product development team. With that noted the design is very good for thermal ventilation considering the CPU heat is expelled / exhausted vertically up and away and does not cross flow with the exhaust from the blower based design of the GPU which exhausts/expels directly out of the back.

allanitomwesh

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012

Nothing there for Zenphone 2. Does this mean Asus don't comply with GPL?
EDIT
Also,are Zenphones bootloader locked?

Status
Not open for further replies.