Ask Me Anything - Official Logitech G Representatives

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LogitechG_Chris

Honorable
Dec 12, 2014
With regard to mouse designs, we have a finite number of products in our line and try to make each of them accommodate as wide a range of people as possible. We also listen to feedback and use it to make decisions about future designs.

When are you going to be back in the Bay Area? I will buy you a Jamba Juice and probably won't spit in it.

Avus

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001
Do Logitech have any plan to make another multi-button symmetrical mouse like G300 (discontinued)? A symmetrical gaming mouse that is good for "left (and right) handed" gamers. Knowing left handed mouse users/gamers are minority, I won't ask for a highend left hand gaming mouse. But I really hope Logitech really consider to make another multi-button symmetrical gaming mouse so both left handed and right handed mouse can enjoy. After the G300 is gone, Logitech now only left with G100 (very basic with no extra buttons) and G302 (still kind of basic with 2 extra button on one side) which are symmetrical. I am sure many left hand mouse gamer are willing to spend more for a gaming mouse.

I am currently using a G300 with G13 (for my right hand). Again, the main reason I chose G13 instead of the other competition is it's symmetrical design. (even though the thumb stick and buttons are useless to me)

danielchew

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013
Hello, logitech,
i have a question about the g430 gaming headset. Is it true that the g430 is actually the g230 cloured in blue? And 7.1 sorround sound is gained only by the USB dongle or is it inside the gaming headset itself?

LogitechG_Chris

Honorable
Dec 12, 2014
This is correct. The USB receiver, when combined with Logitech Gaming Software, enables 7.1 surround sound on the G430.

Blytz

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2013
Here's a small fart to tackle (or perhaps just take back to the RND team

1 - Logitech G930's - can I STRONGLY request an suggest you make a headset on say the 5.8ghz range, 2.4 is crowded and both my 930's drop out continuously (this is the most common complaint I've seen and one I suffer from)

2 - G910 (which I am currently typing on) love it, feels awesome but, suggest you a) don't marker the 'WASD' keys 75 million League of Legends players don't use them as primary keys b) put a screen on a model, arx control while seemingly good is currently so sandbox that stepping away from a G510 like my other keyboard feels like a step backwards c) for the current model put the ability to charge the screen device and let fly with landscape mode.

3 - The next top end series (680, z5500, 906 successor) should really hate dolby atmos support (only reason I haven't upgraded my 5500's is it's not a step forward at the moment)

4 - any chance of seeing a g700 ilk mouse with less buttons on it (great mouse, fantastic wireless, weight, feel, just not everyone has a use for the extra buttons on it)

5 - Lastly LGS, good software, but you might want to tell the rnd team to sniff out what others are doing as well (like the lighting option in the sandbox for the g910, no option to switch/make colour maps easily, and well other makes have demonstrated a borderline language in the lighting control - someone has snake running on a competitor's keyboard) arx control is conceptually good, but at present I find a use for it.

I know I'm a demanding ranter, but I have 2 G15 series keyabords, a G510, a G910, 2 sets of G35's, had 2 sets on G930s, 2 G700's, Z5500, Z640, a myriad of older mice and keyboards and ALWAYS put logitech kb/mouse on any pc I build for anyone so I've had a decent hands on with a your products.

Keep making stuff, it's always fun to see what's coming out.

AndrewFreedman

Editor
Editor
Oct 3, 2014
I had previously stated that this was closed. Our guests from Logitech have been gracious enough to stay a little later tonight. I'll post again when we're closed for the evening. Give them lots of questions!

tavus

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2011
Will Logitech going to release a game pad? I read that the older f710 and f310 suffer from large dead zones and I hope you fix that if you make a new pad.

LogitechG_Chris

Honorable
Dec 12, 2014
We do not have a 10 driver headset.

I'm not going to presume to answer for the rest of the company, but personally I'm a cheesecake guy.

LogitechG_Chris

Honorable
Dec 12, 2014

This is brilliant.

LogitechG_Chris

Honorable
Dec 12, 2014
I have passed your comments on to the relevant product managers but can't discuss future product plans.

ergo gamer

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
Hi Logitech!
So I find it odd that in 2014 there are no ergonomic, split, backlit, mechanical gaming keyboards on the market. (except for 1 I found on amazon that is poorly executed) As developer I love the logitech wave keyboard or the microsoft ergonomic keyboard, but as a gamer I love having a backlit keyboard so I don't have to have the room lights turned up.

Is there any reason such a keyboard does not exist in your opinion? Thanks for doing this AMA!

totallynotdanny

Reputable
Dec 17, 2014
Do you plan on making any WMO or Sensei shaped mouse? Lightweight and using the 3366 sensor.
Also, a G9s might be something good, but with a centered sensor and using the 3366 as well.

Blytz

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2013

Thanks, I waffle but I hope that there was some value in my suggestions and feedback, I don't expect future product discussion, I'll just wait and see what comes out :)

AndrewFreedman

Editor
Editor
Oct 3, 2014
Hey everyone,

We're going to let our guests from Logitech take a nice break to rest. They were gracious enough to stay late today!

Keep posting questions! The thread will remain open. In the morning, they'll come back and answer questions until 12 p.m. EST.

LogitechG_Chris

Honorable
Dec 12, 2014
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

Other than that I'm currently splitting time between League, Diablo 3, World of Tanks, and some Quake Live.

Blytz

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2013

Another LOL junkie. Good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.