Ask Me Anything - The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodelf

Reputable
Mar 5, 2015
A lot of this has been individual oriented? How can IT professionals go above and beyond in protecting their networks and those of their organizations?

AndrewEFF

Reputable
Jan 30, 2015

You're right we are non-partisan. We support your rights in the digital world, which includes civil liberties, standing up for fair use, and so on. These issues appeal to different people of different political affiliations, and we've worked with Democrats, Republicans, Tea Party members and many others on cases, legislation, and advocacy, not to mention less formal projects. No single political group agrees with us on everything, but that's the way it should be. For example, last year we put up a post about why surveillance is a Tea Party issue, and that was somewhat controversial with liberal folks. I just don't think perceptions about our political leanings stand in the way of our work -- we build coalitions and advocate for controversial causes every day.

-------------------------------------

Will someone from the EFF please respond my followup question to this response from Andrew before the AMA closes in 20 minutes? Thanks for extending the AMA for an extra 30 minutes.

-Long time EFF supporter

---Updated 5 minutes before AMA closes-----

EFF,

Shame on you.

-Long time EFF supporter

AndrewFreedman

Editor
Editor
Oct 3, 2014
Hi everyone!

This AMA is now closed.

Thanks to everyone who asked questions, and a huge thanks to Nate, Parker, Nadia, Andrew, Jeremy and Joseph for taking time out of their busy schedules at the EFF to answer questions for the Tom's Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.