[SOLVED] Asking for help with a build?

Rus-cyka

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2013
Hello, everyone. I want to build my own computer for the first time. And would really appreciate some help, advice, input, you name it on what I'm thinking of buying. Budget is around 800USD, excluding GPU - since I think I'm just going to use GTX 1050 I have a little more (don't laugh at me.) Build is focused on gaming, obviously.

The site is danish but retail names remain in english. I just need some suggestions for a motherboard and an "Ok" from you guys. I remember turning to you guys way back when and the awesome, helpful community here.
I can't wait to hear from you guys :)

Solution
This is what I'm talking about! Thank you guys. What GPU would you recommend? Nothing too crazy, is all I ask :)

Specs are:
Intel Core i5-760
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
12 GB RAM
Corsair GS700
Kingston 120GB SSD

I'm just thinking of updating from scratch since this is so dated.

Maybe something like this? I have no clue about motherboard

Hey just want to add also, you could go with the suggested build except if you prefer a and system you can get the ryzen 3600 paired with a decent B550 motherboard like the gigabyte aorus elite V2. This way you will be able to oc and upgrade in case you decide to pair more beefier gpu down the line. Btw the link you posted doesn't...
I see that 10400F is cheaper than the R5 3600 on the site so that's what I recommend for your CPU.

To go along with this, an asrock b460 pro 4 would be a good option but you can pick whichever b460 suits your need as long as it has good reviews.

Any DDR4 2666 MHz RAM that has good reviews like HyperX Fury will be fine. Don't bother for ram speeds above 2666 as intel only supports that on z-series mobos which would be a waste of money atleast with this processor.

For Storage I recommend 970 Evo Plus 500GB, it's an nvme and it's going to be fast enough.

For PSU I recommend Seasonic Focus GX 550, it should be enough for upto a 3060 ti.

Now I know you said you want to use GTX 1050 but that gpu is so slow, I feel like building an $800 PC around it would be a waste. If you are planning to upgrade to a high-end GPU later on, make sure you scale up your PSU wattage accordingly.

thomas123321

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2013
I see that 10400F is cheaper than the R5 3600 on the site so that's what I recommend for your CPU.

To go along with this, an asrock b460 pro 4 would be a good option but you can pick whichever b460 suits your need as long as it has good reviews.

Any DDR4 2666 MHz RAM that has good reviews like HyperX Fury will be fine. Don't bother for ram speeds above 2666 as intel only supports that on z-series mobos which would be a waste of money atleast with this processor.

For Storage I recommend 970 Evo Plus 500GB, it's an nvme and it's going to be fast enough.

For PSU I recommend Seasonic Focus GX 550, it should be enough for upto a 3060 ti.

Now I know you said you want to use GTX 1050 but that gpu is so slow, I feel like building an $800 PC around it would be a waste. If you are planning to upgrade to a high-end GPU later on, make sure you scale up your PSU wattage accordingly.

Yea if op can he can reuse items from his current system such as the storage, case, etc.

Whats the current system specs?

Rus-cyka

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2013
Yea if op can he can reuse items from his current system such as the storage, case, etc.

Whats the current system specs?

This is what I'm talking about! Thank you guys. What GPU would you recommend? Nothing too crazy, is all I ask :)

Specs are:
Intel Core i5-760
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
12 GB RAM
Corsair GS700
Kingston 120GB SSD

Last edited:

thomas123321

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2013

Specs are:
Intel Core i5-760
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
12 GB RAM
Corsair GS700
Kingston 120GB SSD

Yea building from scratch is a good idea, you can reuse the case if its a good one. also you can look into the used market if you can find a good deal and verify if the component has no issues.

The post from Tioym is a great build . But note that the ryzen 3600 can be oced if you are into that sort of thing. Other wise the 10400F is perfectly fine. As for gpu, what will your budget be?

Reactions: Rus-cyka

Rus-cyka

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2013
Yea building from scratch is a good idea, you can reuse the case if its a good one. also you can look into the used market if you can find a good deal and verify if the component has no issues.

The post from Tioym is a great build . But note that the ryzen 3600 can be oced if you are into that sort of thing. Other wise the 10400F is perfectly fine. As for gpu, what will your budget be?

I'm thinking 500USD roughly? Please tell me if that's way below adequate

thomas123321

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2013

Specs are:
Intel Core i5-760
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
12 GB RAM
Corsair GS700
Kingston 120GB SSD

Hey just want to add also, you could go with the suggested build except if you prefer a and system you can get the ryzen 3600 paired with a decent B550 motherboard like the gigabyte aorus elite V2. This way you will be able to oc and upgrade in case you decide to pair more beefier gpu down the line. Btw the link you posted doesn't have the system parts in the checkout.

Last edited:
Solution

Rus-cyka

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2013
That's actually a decent amount for a GPU but rn the prices are off the roof for GPU right now, I would suggest to hold on the with the gpu purchase until prices normalize. Rtx 3060 and probably the 3050 should be coming out soon.
Hey just want to add also, you could go with the suggested build except if you prefer a and system you can get the ryzen 3600 paired with a decent B550 motherboard like the gigabyte aorus elite V2. This way you will be able to oc and upgrade in case you decide to pair more beefier gpu down the line. Btw the link you posted doesn't have the system parts in the checkout.

Yeah, I checked out some GPU's last night and holy moly there not what they used to be. I was quick on the trigger and have already purchased some of the parts of Tioym - but since I'm just a filthy casual, I won't really be OC'ing or anything. But, man, thank you guys so much. I really appreciate all the advice. Imma be sure to keep an eye on the GPU market since spending 1000USD on a GPU is crazy to me (that's half of a monthly wage for me.)

thomas123321

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, I checked out some GPU's last night and holy moly there not what they used to be. I was quick on the trigger and have already purchased some of the parts of Tioym - but since I'm just a filthy casual, I won't really be OC'ing or anything. But, man, thank you guys so much. I really appreciate all the advice. Imma be sure to keep an eye on the GPU market since spending 1000USD on a GPU is crazy to me (that's half of a monthly wage for me.)
Yea it's messed up, anyways, enjoy your build and have a great time. Good luck. 😄

Reactions: Rus-cyka