ASPI

niko

Distinguished
May 3, 2001
what's wrong w/ the aspi thing? on adaptec's site they're saying win2k has it, but I can't burn any cd's because they appear to be missing... where can I get them... in case it matters, the burners are an adaptec 10x8x32 or mitsumi cr 4802-te... thnx!

BunnyStroker

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
You have two options basically:

First, if you have a <font color=red>legitimate</font color=red> copy of some Adaptec software, you can download an ASPI layer program from the adaptec web site. Do a search on their website for ASPI, the file is called aspi32.exe

Second, look around the web for "free" ASPI layer utilities. I know a few are under development; I have no idea where to get them.

Adaptec is wrong, Win2k does not natively support ASPI.

Good luck! :smile:

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
First, if you have a legitimate copy of some Adaptec software

I have two. They are worthless (completely, not just halfway) unless you're using directcd. I downloaded the Nero aspi32.dll, and copied it into my system32 folder. Everything works perfectly.

Adaptec rules.......

BrainStorm

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Note that Adaptec's DirectCD prior to version 3 and Easy CD Creator before version 4 are not compatible (well...not supported) with windows 2000.

It's better to be rich and healthy than poor and sick!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
ugh. they moved it
went to the site where it was moved, snagged the small 120k program, but it wont unrar?
anyone got a RELIABLE location?

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you have created"~Darth Vader, Star wars