ASRock 939Dual-SataII 0078 error on boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmondanaro

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2002
My system the other day refused to boot and stopped mid post with a 0078 code. Searching the web I found conflicting explanations but the general consensus was to clear CMOS and reboot. That worked, once. Then one day the drives were all messed up and it seemed that the onboard RAID controller wouldn't detect the drives and refused to boot. I switch to plain IDE and put the RAID on a seperate Raid controller card as my F drive. Now the past few days the system has occaissionally frozen while shutting down. Not in the Windows Is Shutting down step but after the screen and everything is off but the power never shuts off. And this morning the 0078 error came back but clearing the CMOS won't get me past that step and can't get me through to Setup. Something has really gone wrong I feel but I can't be sure what exactly it is. Basically all I get now is:

AMI Bios .....
939Dual-SATAII BIOS P2.30
CPU : AMD Athlon 60 Processor 3500+
Speed 2.2GHz

Press F11 for Boot Menue
Dual-Channel Memory Mode
1024MB OK
Auto-Detecting Pri Master..IDE Hard Disk
Auto-Detecting Pri Slave...IDE Hard Disk
Pri Master: Maxtor 6B200P0 BAH41B10
Ultra DMA Mode-6, S.M.A.R.T. Capable but Disabled

At least I think most of the part are ok if something is screwed up. But I just put a new PSU and this MoBo in the chasis last year. The problems with the onboard raid controller and now the CMOS issues make me feel like this board is turning into junk. Any pointers or advice?

J

G

for the error number see AsRock, it's probably a wire problem :

http://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?c=HDD
(Q&A-47): During the POST, there is a number "0075" or "0078" showed at the right corner of the screen, and the system stop for a long time. What can I do?(10/20/2006)

Maybe it's a problem of electrostatic charge in the frame whick screwed up everything so unplug the computer push on button for 1 minute and put it back on power

CubanTanker

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
You have to disconnect all Sata drives inside computer then poweron pc and enter bios then activate IDE then save bios power off pc then connect all sata cables and it sould work.

Status
Not open for further replies.