ASRock 970M Pro3 Can't Install Windows. First Boot

Coltontb20

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
So I just put this PC together I just got today:

Motheboard: ASRock 970M Pro3
RAM: G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) (1866mHz)
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB
Processor: AMD FX-6300
Graphic Card: MSI N720-1GD3HLP GeForce GT 720 1GB (I know lol it's only temporary)
Power Supply: Corsair CX430
Case: Cooler Master N200

So when I boot into the Windows 7 installation I click next, next, next, ten get to the "Select Driver To Be Installed" page. And I get an error saying, "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now. NOTE: If the Windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step." Well...... YEAH lol completely lost.

It should go per http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/installing-reinstalling-windows#1TC=windows-7 "Using the Custom installation option if no operating system is installed"

To do this, you'll need to start, or boot, your computer using the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive.

Turn on your computer, insert the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive, and then shut down your computer.

Restart your computer.

Press any key when prompted, and then follow the instructions that appear.

On the Install Windows page, enter your language and other preferences, and then click Next.

If the Install Windows page doesn't appear, and you're not asked to press any key, you might need to change some system settings. To learn how to do this, see Start your computer from a Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive.

On the Please read the license terms page, if you accept the license terms, click I accept the license terms, and then click Next.

On the Which type of installation do you want? page, click Custom.

On the Where do you want to install Windows? page, choose the partition that you want to install Windows 7 on, or click Unallocated Space if no partitions are listed, and then click Next.

If a dialog box appears saying that Windows might create additional partitions for system files, or that the partition you chose might contain recovery files or other types of files from your computer manufacturer, click OK.

Follow the instructions to finish installing Windows 7, which include naming your computer and setting up an initial user account.

Notes

If you're using the upgrade version of Windows 7 on a computer without an operating system installed, you might not be able to activate this type of installation. The upgrade version requires Windows XP or Windows Vista to be installed on the computer to activate Windows 7. During setup, you need to leave the product key box empty. To activate Windows 7, go to the Microsoft Support website. For more information, see Windows 7 activation error: invalid product key and Windows 7 activation error: 0xC004F061.

You might need to update drivers after Windows 7 installation is complete. To do so, click the Start button Picture of the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update . If Windows Update doesn't have the driver you need, see Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly, or go to the Windows 7 Compatibility Center webpage.

Coltontb20

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014

Well would Windows 8.1 fix this? Because I will buy that instead if it will

Coltontb20

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014

Finally got some time to work on this. I bought Windows 8.1 and worked perfect. I guess the Windows 7 ISO I downloaded wasn't really good :/