[SOLVED] ASRock B450 Pro4 stuck on boot loop

personaj

Prominent
Mar 12, 2020
I recently put together a desktop with the ASRock B450 PRO4 motherboard but it's stuck on a boot loop. I've tried taking out all additional components, booting with 1 stick of RAM, and both possible RAM slots, and reset the CMOS. Still can't get it to post to BIOS.

Parts:
Motherboard: ASROCK B450 PRO4
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X 8 core 16 thread (with wraith prism cooler)
RAM: Corsair DDR4 VENGEANCE LGX 2x8GB 3000MHz
GPU: ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER
PSU: Corsair RM750X 750w
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2

I read some people had issues with the 3000MHz RAM so I'm starting to think it's that? Also read some people were able to get it to work by updating the BIOS but I'm unable to get that far. Any suggestions? Going crazy over this.

personaj

Prominent
Mar 12, 2020
Did you have the bios updated before receiving it? If not, then that's the problem. Bios does not recognize the 3700X.
Just purchased it from a store as is, so factory bios. Guessing there's no way to update the bios then since it can't recognize the 3700X unless I put a different CPU?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Just purchased it from a store as is, so factory bios. Guessing there's no way to update the bios then since it can't recognize the 3700X unless I put a different CPU?
Correct.

Does the store offer an option to update the bios for you?
If not, return the board, and get one of Msi's B450 MAX models which support Ryzen 3000 out of the box - Tomahawk MAX and Gaming Plus MAX are pretty popular. Asrock's B450M/AC also works.

personaj

Prominent
Mar 12, 2020
Correct.

Does the store offer an option to update the bios for you?
If not, return the board, and get one of Msi's B450 MAX models which support Ryzen 3000 out of the box - Tomahawk MAX and Gaming Plus MAX are pretty popular. Asrock's B450M/AC also works.
Doesn't seem like the store offers an option to update it. Purchased it back in August as well and had to put purchasing the other parts on hold until recently so don't think it's possible to return.

Are the MSI B450 MAX models compatible with the other parts as well?