Oct 17, 2023
Hello,

My current setup is:

Mobo: Asrock B550M Pro4

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

RAM: ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D41 DDR4 3200MHz 8GB CL16

GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580

PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620 Bronze

The issue is I want to change my RAM to VENGENCE LPX DDR4 3600MHz 8GB CL18 but sadly it seems that I can't even boot or enter in bios. The motherboard's Red LEDs on CPU and DRAM are lit. and yes I make sure I secure the RAM very well with two clicks, restart the CMOS, and make sure I check the Asrock website if my RAM of choosing is in QVL, The only difference is the speed but the frustrating is that when I put back my previous RAM it boots perfectly and it is not even on the list of QVL.

Does anybody have this experience? Thank you for the kind response.

kira-faye

Upstanding
Oct 11, 2023
Corsair RAM, particularly the Vengeance series, seem to have all kinds of issues with AM4 systems. I recently had to return a kit and switch to G.Skill myself.

My recommendation is to return it and get something else - it's just not worth fighting with.

Oct 17, 2023
Corsair RAM, particularly the Vengeance series, seem to have all kinds of issues with AM4 systems. I recently had to return a kit and switch to G.Skill myself.

My recommendation is to return it and get something else - it's just not worth fighting with.
man, that sucks. I bought this RAM at a discounted price but I can only use one such a pain

kira-faye

Upstanding
Oct 11, 2023
man, that sucks. I bought this RAM at a discounted price but I can only use one such a pain
Are all 4 sticks the same model? If not that's probably a big part of the issue.

Here's how you may be able to get it working. No guarantees.

With one stick installed go in to the BIOS and manually set RAM voltage and timings. If the sticks are different, use settings from the stick(s) with the loosest (highest numbered) timings. Consider raising the DRAM voltage about . 05 above whatever the label suggests. Save, restart, make sure the system is stable with one stick, then add 1 more and re-test. If you have two different kits make sure the matching sticks are in matching channels (usually every other slot).

Oct 17, 2023
Are all 4 sticks the same model? If not that's probably a big part of the issue.

Here's how you may be able to get it working. No guarantees.

With one stick installed go in to the BIOS and manually set RAM voltage and timings. If the sticks are different, use settings from the stick(s) with the loosest (highest numbered) timings. Consider raising the DRAM voltage about . 05 above whatever the label suggests. Save, restart, make sure the system is stable with one stick, then add 1 more and re-test. If you have two different kits make sure the matching sticks are in matching channels (usually every other slot).
Thank you for taking the time. Yes All 4 sticks are the same brand. i'll try this one i hope it works

kira-faye

Upstanding
Oct 11, 2023
Thank you for taking the time. Yes All 4 sticks are the same brand. i'll try this one i hope it works
To be clear, for this to have a chance of working you will need to set everything - timings, voltage, etc - manually. Using XMP likely won't work. Also, raising the voltage to the sticks slightly above (only like . 05v) above what is listed on the label is probably required.

Oct 17, 2023
It seems that i cant access the RAM timing if i cant turn on XMP. I actually hesitant on messing with this settings. Lol

Oct 17, 2023
To be clear, for this to have a chance of working you will need to set everything - timings, voltage, etc - manually. Using XMP likely won't work. Also, raising the voltage to the sticks slightly above (only like . 05v) above what is listed on the label is probably required.
For now i'm just testing and adjusting the voltage little by little

kira-faye

Upstanding
Oct 11, 2023
Question. What timing should i be set to begin with?
Whatever the highest numbers on your sticks are. So if they're all the same use that. If one is 20-18-18-20 and another is 24-20-22-26 (I'm just making up numbers) use the higher ones. Higher / looser timings are easier to hit - if some sticks are able to run tighter than others you are limited by the slower/looser sticks. The weakest link.

Oct 17, 2023
it's on 18-22-22-42 should I add like 2? in every timing? something like that? wait if this happens to be working that means I won't be able to use the maximum speed?

kira-faye

Upstanding
Oct 11, 2023
Leave the timings at the rating of the weakest stick(s). If the sticks say 1.35v set it for 1.4v for dram voltage. Then try with two sticks, then 4. Set speed to 3200 or whatever the slowest stick(s) are rated.

You will be able to use them at the speed and timings of the lowest rated stick(s). Maybe not ideal but better than not being able to use half your RAM. Also probably won't matter in real world scenarios.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
did you check board qvl list for this ram and if you could use cpu-z spd for jedec timings and read it after with memory tab dont go to high on voltages for it also this ram should have a part number we could check .