asrock killer z270 POSTed at first but died after installing SSD

infamousjax

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2010
infamousjax
Got the computer Friday and it booted right up.. all was well. I bought an SSD and opened her up and installed it in that awesome mount that the elite s340 nzxt has and the computer booted up fine. Opened up the Samsung data migration tool and it started doing its thing.... BOOM blue screen of death. Now the computer won't post at all. Obviously took the SSD out and restored it to factory settings. RAM and GPU are seated correctly. Tried different sticks of RAM as well as trying onboard graphics. Tested PSU its fine. Made sure all connections were tight especially 8 pin and 24 pin connectors. Disconnected all hard drives completely ... no difference. Reset CMOS using jumpers and removed and put battery back in. Blinking red light on mobo even when power is off. I have an RMA but this is driving me nuts. What else can I do??

Nzxt elite s340
I7 7700k
Gtx 1060
Wd blue had
Samsung 850 evo SSD ( not installed)
Corsair vengeance 8gb
Asrock killer sli Mobo
650 watt psu
More about : faulty mobo

slyverine

Reputable
Mar 4, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from infamousjax : "Faulty mobo or something else? Tried everything I can think of."

do you have a speaker(you know the thing that beeps) installed? Usual way to work with this kind of issues is to remove everything like HDD,optical drives , gpu and leave 1 stick of RAM and use on board graphics and see if it boots.If it does add the devices back one by one. If it doesn't reset CMOS by removing the battery. It would be great if you could update BIOS but seems you can't. And what killer motherboard you have?