Question ASRock mobo stopped working

PuzzledToo

Reputable
May 14, 2020
The PC was on all day but when I went back to use it, it was dead. It did not respond to power off/on. Nothing.

It has a B365M Pro4 mobo with a Samsung M.2 SSD.

I checked the Corsair PSU & it works & all voltages are correct.

Re-connected the cables & tried to power on by jumping the header power on pins, but it did not respond.

Any suggestions why it might have just died?
Is there a fuse hidden somewhere on the mobo or is the mobo dead?

Thanks.

Jan 19, 2023
It's possible that the motherboard is dead, but there are a few other things that could be causing the issue. A common cause of a computer not turning on is a failed power supply unit (PSU), so it's good that you've confirmed that the Corsair PSU is working correctly.

Another possible cause is a failure of the power switch, which can be caused by a malfunctioning button or a damaged header on the motherboard.
It's also possible that the M.2 SSD or RAM could be the problem.

It's hard to say for sure what the issue is without further testing and diagnosis, but you could try removing the RAM and the SSD, and then trying to power on the computer again. If it still doesn't turn on, it is likely that the motherboard is the problem and may need to be replaced.

PuzzledToo

Reputable
May 14, 2020
I jumped the power pins on the mobo header & the PSU does not turn on. I removed the RAM, SSD, & CPU and the PSU still does not turn on. I tried another PSU but no luck.

I saw several used B365M Pro4 mobos on Ebay that were for parts only. A few months ago two of my USB2 ports on the mobo header died. Makes me think maybe I should replace the mobo with something different.

If I replace the mobo with the same make & model, will the OS & programs on the M.2 SSD still work, or will they have to be reinstalled? What about if a different mobo is used?