[SOLVED] Asrock phantom gaming tuning application

rulerss

Prominent
Nov 23, 2021
I have installed this program "asrock phantom gaming tuning".

There are 3 modes: performance, standard and power saving.

Any idea what it does when you press performance? And if it does have an effect, must this application stay open, or can it be closed?

Thank you!

Solution
Sorry "if i recall correctly".

I'm only talking the Windows power profile. From memory, that's all the ASRock "Tuning" software touches.
It's not an overclocking profile or anything of the sort - "High Performance" inside Windows will pretty much just peg your CPU at it's max clock speed (out of the box clock speed) and modifies some parameters re: sleep etc. I'd be surprised if you noticed any difference between the two (high performance vs balanced) in-game.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
IIRC, it basically only changes the Windows power profile. .... so nothing you couldn't do without the software (it might mess with fan curves etc too, but I don't believe it does/did).

Not 100% sure on whether it has to remain running. If it's only changing the power profile in Windows, then likely not.

rulerss

Prominent
Nov 23, 2021
What is IIRC? And what effect does it have on power profile? More voltage to cpu and gpu? For example I have a razer mouse, which comes with an application, called Razer Cortex. It also has a gameboost and you can see the effect, when you enter a game.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Sorry "if i recall correctly".

I'm only talking the Windows power profile. From memory, that's all the ASRock "Tuning" software touches.
It's not an overclocking profile or anything of the sort - "High Performance" inside Windows will pretty much just peg your CPU at it's max clock speed (out of the box clock speed) and modifies some parameters re: sleep etc. I'd be surprised if you noticed any difference between the two (high performance vs balanced) in-game.

Reactions: norcalsc
Solution

rulerss

Prominent
Nov 23, 2021
Thank you for your answer. Well, I haven't tested it yet. I wanted to make the research first. Probably it won't make a big difference. Just like you said, more power and not adaptive and sleepy.