[SOLVED] ASRock X570M Pro4 Bios Update

Jan 1, 2022
Hi all,

I've got an ASRock X570M Pro4 motherboard and would like to pair it with a Ryzen 5 5600G, but I'm aware that the Bios on the motherboard will need updating. Now on the ASRock website (https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570M Pro4/#BIOS) it says "To support Ryzen 5000 G-series processors, it requires to update the BIOS with Matisse, Renoir or Vermeer CPU." next to every Bios version that supports a Ryzen 5 5600 G.

Given that the Ryzen 5 5600 G is a Vermeer CPU, does that mean that I can update the bios using the Ryzen 5 5600 G, or will I need an older CPU to use to update the bios?

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You will need access to a Matisse, Renoir or Vermeer CPU and a discrete GPU(not an APU), prior to updating the BIOS. You might want to take the board to a shop to have them update the BIOS with their stock of parts.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You will need access to a Matisse, Renoir or Vermeer CPU and a discrete GPU(not an APU), prior to updating the BIOS. You might want to take the board to a shop to have them update the BIOS with their stock of parts.

Reactions: will0hlep
Solution