Asrock X79 Extreme 11 No post beep during test boots error A2

SociallyInept

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
Hello, on several test boots I get no post beep the debugger on the mother board says a2 (IDE Detect) not sure what IDE its talking about there's no IDE that exists on this pc everything is sata no IDE to even plug into on the board. Now this is my first build so its probably my fault somewhere I'm just not sure where I've spent 3 days on this built reading the manuals of every item I got over and over again until my eyes burned just to make sure it was perfect I've checked and rechecked the cables and where there plugged into and how there plugged in + - Dummy GND and such not getting much help outta asrock support and cant find much info on the web except the same unanswered question One guy posted like five months ago sounded like I wrote it was the exact Identical situation down to the letter. Since I've never actually plugged a monitor into it I haven't seen bios but wouldn't expect to everyone else with this problem sees blank screens it seems least from what i've read. And actually can't plug a monitor in to check haven't gotten the rest of my stuff for my water system yet still being shipped so I cant leave it on much longer then to just hope to hear that magic beep. And sorry for the long post I'm a notorious ranter. This is what I have built and plugged in so far sorry its a cut in past I'm to exhausted to think straight atm.

Case
Thermaltake Level 10 GT LCS (VN10031W2N) Black Steel SECC / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case with Liquid Water Cooling System and Three Fans-1x 200mm Colorshift front fan, 1x 200mm Colorshift side fan, 1x 140mm rear turbo fan

Processor
Intel Core i7-3960X Extreme Edition Sandy Bridge-E 3.3GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 2011 130W Six-Core Desktop Processor BX80619i73960X

Motherboard
ASRock X79 Extreme11 LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard

Memory
32GB kit (8GBx4), Ballistix 240-pin DIMM, DDR3 PC3-12800 memory module

Hard Drive
OCZ Technology Vertex 4 Series solid state drive - 512 GB - SATA-600 (VTX4-25SAT3-512G.M)
2 x Western Digital WD Green WD30EZRX 3TB IntelliPower 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Optical Drive
ASUS BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS 12X Blu-ray Internal Burner with Disc Encryption, Black

Video Card
ASUS GTX690-4GD5 GeForce GTX 690 4GB 512-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Sound Card
Asus Xonar Xense Premium Gaming Audio Set (Acoustics Powered by Sennheiser)

Power Supply
Thermaltake Toughpower Grand TPG-1200M 1200W ATX 12V v2.3 & SSI EPS 12V v2.92 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Solution
You want to go into the bios and make sure that the sata mode is set to AHCI and not IDE. In an Asus board's bios it's under the Advanced tab and it's called the sata configuration. You have three choices , IDE, AHCI and RAID. Because you have a SSD you want to set the sata mode to AHCI.
You want to go into the bios and make sure that the sata mode is set to AHCI and not IDE. In an Asus board's bios it's under the Advanced tab and it's called the sata configuration. You have three choices , IDE, AHCI and RAID. Because you have a SSD you want to set the sata mode to AHCI.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS