ASRock Z170 Extreme6 vs. ASUS ROG VIII RANGER

MesutOzil

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
Dear forum members,

I would like to ask you guys the question about which MoBo I should take for my i5 6600k processor.

My current setup is:
Corsair 500R case (pretty good airflow)
RM1000 Corsair PSU
990FX Fatal1ty Killer MoBo (all settings on stock, disabled auto voltage regulation, now at 1.3v)
FX8350 @ 4.0 GHZ (stock)
Noctua NH-D14
4x4 GB corsair DDR3 (black ones low profile)
1x 850 evo 500gb
1x 850 evo 250gb
1x Intel 530 250gb
2x R9 290 Tri-X Sapphire (not producing much heat)
2x WD Black 3tb

The 2 boards are roughly the same price (as for the ASRock being 10 euro more expensive).

The thing about the ROG board is, that it has very few USB 3.0 connectors, seen the fact that I have lots of peripheral devices that are 3.0 optimized.

Also there is the fact that the ASRock board has more SATA connections (8x sata-600) vs the 6x sata-600 on the ROG.

So can someone think of a reason to buy the ROG board? What's the main pro of the ROG board over the ASRock board (and what are the other cons)?

The things I'm going to do on my PC is mainly programming in visual studio and run very CPU intensive applications etc.
Also some gaming from time to time is also planned. So the board needs to be good in overclocking.

Also, please no fanboy comments like "YEAAHH ASUS ROG FTW FUCKING GOOD SHIT JUST BECAUSE ROG BLABLABLA". I want your opinions backed up by facts.

With kind regards,

MesutOzil