[SOLVED] ASRock Z370 Extreme4 has power but won't turn on

Sep 24, 2021
Hi guys really hoping you can help me with this one it's driving me insane, so I built this whole PC myself and has been working great for years but after wiping the dust off one of the fans (cleaning it out this morning) I caught what a few of the wires to the front panel where the power buttons are and despite putting them back where I thought they went it still won't turn back on, when I connect the power wire the mobo lights come on and start thier breathing type glow but if I press the power button on the front pannel it does nothing and I can't see any loose connections or any other missing/damaged components, tho in the back of my mind I seem to remember having an issue when I built it years ago getting there wires round the right way so has anyone got any ideas or even better a photo of the front pannel connector to the mobo so I can make sure they are the right way round, sorry for the long post I was trying to give as much info as possible
Thank you in advance
Tim

Solution
OK so I have an update after removing the top pannel again the orange and white wire has come completely off the power switch so they must have been quite loose but I couldn't see as they were covered by sleeving so my new question is which way round do the orange and white wires go on the power putton?
On a power button it don't matter what way you put them.

If you can't reconnect them you can use your reset switch as the power button.
Sep 24, 2021
OK so I have an update after removing the top pannel again the orange and white wire has come completely off the power switch so they must have been quite loose but I couldn't see as they were covered by sleeving so my new question is which way round do the orange and white wires go on the power putton?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
On a power button it don't matter what way you put them.

If you can't reconnect them you can use your reset switch as the power button.

Reactions: Tim22
Solution
Sep 24, 2021
Are you sure it doesn't matter I only worry because on the mother board it has a positive and negative which I thought had to be the right way round so assumed that there would be a positive and negative for the switch the other end, sorry for the noob questions

Sep 24, 2021
Awesome Thankyou guys I have done your workaround with the reset switch which now turns my pc on and all working 🙏🏼Your life savers

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Are you sure it doesn't matter I only worry because on the mother board it has a positive and negative which I thought had to be the right way round so assumed that there would be a positive and negative for the switch the other end, sorry for the noob questions
Yes 100% sure it don't matter, the reset switch works the same way.

Last edited: