[SOLVED] ASRock Z390 Taichi Motherboard throwing multiple post codes

Joshua92

Honorable
Dec 6, 2015
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mHNkvn
^build here( 1080 reference)
pc did its cycle throw a 00 Fixed after checking everything again we turned it on gave multiple codes no dvi display turn on just a blank monitor we also pushed the cmos button and pulled the battery to do a clear reset still gave multiple codes and no screen also no cycle

Memory is installed in the second and fourth slots over from the CPU?

EPS 12v 8 pin connector is attached to the motherboard?

Try reseating the 4+4 pin EPS connector, 24 pin ATX connector, graphics card, memory and make sure all other connectors are fully seated.

If that gets you no love then I'd pull the CPU and check for bent pins on the motherboard. If there are no bent pins then I'd pull the motherboard and make sure there is not a standoff in the wrong place touching the bottom of the motherboard or a loose screw caught between the board and the case.

Joshua92

Honorable
Dec 6, 2015
Memory is installed in the second and fourth slots over from the CPU?

EPS 12v 8 pin connector is attached to the motherboard?

Try reseating the 4+4 pin EPS connector, 24 pin ATX connector, graphics card, memory and make sure all other connectors are fully seated.

If that gets you no love then I'd pull the CPU and check for bent pins on the motherboard. If there are no bent pins then I'd pull the motherboard and make sure there is not a standoff in the wrong place touching the bottom of the motherboard or a loose screw caught between the board and the case.

thanks @Darkbreeze we will be checking next Sunday my friend is coming back over this was my first build attempted to save money instead of paying a company or business near me. We just had to ask around because we cant figure it out atm and we did contact asrock

Hey man, I'm with you. This is how we learn. I wouldn't, and never have, paid anybody else to build a system for me. Generally I recommend starting out with spare parts while learning but jumping in feet first is how many people get started.

Since this is a first build I have to say the chances are good that something is installed incorrectly and bent pins on the motherboard is a distinct and highly likely possibility for a first time builder. Hopefully that turns out to not be the case but it's definitely the first thing I'd want to check for.