[SOLVED] AsRock Z77 Pro 4 + I5 2500k

MansterZQ

Reputable
Jun 12, 2020
Hi! I'm just buy a "used" mobo (50$ from Poland) for my pc from 2012y. This mobo is : AsRock Z77 Pro 4. How much can I overclock the processor on this board?. the cpu (i5 2500k) with cooler spartan 3 ? (13$ from Poland)

Solution
They made 2 versions of the cooler one with 2 heat pipes on each side and one with 4 heat pipes on each side that will matter.

The pro 4 is a low budget board so not the best for overclocking but the 2500K usually overclocks easy.

Depending on the cooler and how good of a chip you got probably in the 4.0 / 4.2 area with the cheap (2 heat pipes) cooler and might get 4.4 /4.6 area with the better one.

They all overclock different so that could vary.

Back when I used mine I could hit 5.2 on water cooling using a Z77 Extreme 4 board.

EDIT I bought mine new with a low budget GB Z67 board and clocked it to 5.0 day 1 then after about 3 years the board started acting up so bought the Z77 and got it to 5.2 few years later it became...

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
They made 2 versions of the cooler one with 2 heat pipes on each side and one with 4 heat pipes on each side that will matter.

The pro 4 is a low budget board so not the best for overclocking but the 2500K usually overclocks easy.

Depending on the cooler and how good of a chip you got probably in the 4.0 / 4.2 area with the cheap (2 heat pipes) cooler and might get 4.4 /4.6 area with the better one.

They all overclock different so that could vary.

Back when I used mine I could hit 5.2 on water cooling using a Z77 Extreme 4 board.

EDIT I bought mine new with a low budget GB Z67 board and clocked it to 5.0 day 1 then after about 3 years the board started acting up so bought the Z77 and got it to 5.2 few years later it became unstable and dropped it back to 5.0 using the same voltage it took for 5.2. Still going strong it's my son's PC now if the freaking 10600K ever comes in stock going to retire it and give him my 4790K.

Last edited:
Solution