ASRock Z87M Extreme4 vs MSI Z87M Gaming.

Shneiky

Distinguished
I would personally pick the AsRock. Been their customer for years and they never let me down since the Pentium 4 LGA 775 era. I don't trust MSI anymore after I had some major issues with them back in the days, but people say the same for any company. In the end there is not much of a difference, just that the ASRock costs less, has a power design I would trust more and, well that's it.

P.S But then again, I am known on this forum as an Asus/AsRock fan. Sure some MSI fans will follow.

KSnitgaard

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
So as I was assuming there's not a whole lot of difference between the boards.
And since I live in Denmark and there's an even bigger price difference here (Little past 50$) I guess I'm leaning more towards picking the ASRock.
If all there is to mention of difference is the "Killer" lan chip, I'm definitely gonna go with the ASRock. Since my internet provider is pretty decent. I'm suppost to have a 40Mbit DL, and with lan on my old laptop I'm getting between 35-40Mbit every time I test it. So that shouldn't really be any problem.

Gee Bee

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
Extreme 4 continues to get regular recommendations on Tom's. I continue to recommend it based on such reports. Iv'e only ever used ASUS and Gigabyte mobos for more than a decade. The price is right to for such comprehensive oc tweaking and the MSI is not nearly as popular as Extreme 4. At least that how's it appears, i've been wrong before mind you.